Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th November 2009, 03:27 PM   #21
sequencehosting

I'm in the very competitive web hosting industry. But everything is going really well.

sequencehosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th March 2010, 10:40 PM   #22
Hugha

I have a brick and mortar business. We sell toilet partitions and toilet accessories, fire extinguishers and cabinets, projection screens, marker boards to commercial construction companies.

I've been in construction for 20 years and saw an opportunity in my local market.

I've been at it for a year.

Hugha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 03:58 AM   #23
Reginald123

Hi..All. This is Reginald from London. To say about my business, I recently started a small partnership with a SEO company. Their work is to promote websites through SEO tactics. Dudes..that's a challenging work. So I am thinking to dedicate my whole time for the improvement of this business.

Reginald123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 04:02 PM   #24
selfemployedcaf

I run a company specializing in e-commerce solutions for small businesses. I also make my first steps in affiliate marketing.

But the dream is to write for living... yeah, I know...

Old 25th June 2010, 10:53 AM   #25
ajohnstone

I own a business development consulting firm called The World Advisory Company. We specialize in helping companies explore opportunities for growth and expansion. We work with mostly small businesses to help them effectively market their products and services, reach more customers and generate more revenue. We work with them in a variety of ways from helping them develop marketing strategies to referring customers directly to them. We have only been in business for a few months and we've already been really successful at helping several struggling businesses.

Last edited by ajohnstone; 1st July 2010 at 10:11 AM.
ajohnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 03:32 PM   #26
copywriter57

Great idea for a post to introduce our businesses! I am a freelance copywriter specializing in product descriptions for catalogs and ecommerce. I write web copy, press releases, etc for small businesses as well. It's been extremely rewarding and I have learned so much about marketing since beginning my business.

copywriter57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 10:04 PM   #27
ChrisJ

I run a recruitment process outsourcing company that specializes in providing offshore staffing solutions to small-to-medium size enterprises. We specifically source and provide virtual staff for businesses who would like to tap offshore talents and work with them directly online as if they're an extension of their own local team.

ChrisJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 01:42 PM   #28
sequoia payroll

I run an accounting business. We specialize in working with small businesses. From payroll to incorporation, to income tax, we pretty much do it all.

The payroll portion of our business is internet based, so we have clients all over the US. Our bookkeeping is more localized, however, we do have a client in CA, and we are in AR. It seems to be working out well, and we are in attempts to broaden this service nationwide as well.

I have been an accountant for about 10 years, but about a year ago I got a wild hair and I decided to venture out on my own. I like what I do, and I love to do what I can to help small businesses thrive...

Old 11th July 2010, 09:55 PM   #29
CloudTenOwner

Location: I live in the Lone Star State. My actual location will only go out to potential clients.
Send a message via Yahoo to CloudTenOwner
Default Hello!

Hello. I'm Ashley Ward, and, young as I may be, I don't sell a certain product, per say. I'm actually in the food business, and, accordingly, I sell a wide variety of products, or, as I'm sure most people would prefer me to call them (As to avoid the fake and plastic sounding feel), foods. I'm a pastry chef (And, just my luck, I do not yet have my degree) and I, of course, bake. I've been baking, for a while; Since I was seven, I didn't start doing it by myself until I was eleven, but, that's irrelevant. I own and operate Cloud Ten Pastries.
As to your challenges question, I believe my biggest challenge would have to be my age. Even though I've gotten rave reviews, I'm setting up my own website, I'm doing pretty well by myself, I often sound older than I actually am, I am very responsible and I have some (minimal, as I like it) help from my mother (Although, mostly in the accounting department), most people see a thirteen year old girl and run the other way. Or, they acquire my services and then begin to talk down to me, like I'm a simple school child that does not understand "roses strictly on the left side". Sometimes they'll even ask too much, on purpose, just to get me to foul up. It's very disappointing actually, but, I can get over it. I believe the biggest accomplishment that I have made was catering for a 50+ party, and, doing it successfully, only needing help with bringing everything into the place. Of course, that was back when I did not have the idea of an official business, and, when I was baking cakes for money without an inkling that I could start a business, but, I still count it as something to be proud of.
I'm brick and mortar, but, also, online. It's an out-of-house business, as, next year, I'll be starting courses at the local community college, but, yes, I'll have a website as well as business cards. Nothing too fancy, but, I'd like to get my name out.

This is a very good way to make all of the members businesses made, so, there is mine. Thank you for the opportunity.

Ashley

Last edited by CloudTenOwner; 11th July 2010 at 10:02 PM.
CloudTenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 09:47 PM   #30
trav268

I run the Direct Mail department for DynamicDirect, Inc. (dba Print Label And Mail . Com).

Our major hurdle is selling a product that is not very tangible over the phone. People do not know us so there are major trust issues.

But the encouraging thing is that we have seen response rate go up during this recession. I guess it is due to more people apt to coupon clipping during these rough times.

Still it seems that businesses cut their advertising budgets as soon as things start going south. Our business being dependent on selling advertising, it become problematic.

Our main product is selling complete direct mail packages. From start to stamp we sell it all in a package. Design, list, printing, labeling and postage, which sets us apart from the competition.

Thank you giving me the time to introduce my business to you guys.

trav268 is offline   Reply With Quote