Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th January 2015, 06:47 AM   #1
poonamshrama

Default How To Choose Best Keywords?

I have Shopping site. Please tell me which is the best way to choose keywords for my site?

poonamshrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th January 2015, 10:03 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Find out what terms your potential customers use to describe the products you're selling. You can do this by participating in forums where those customers hang out, by sending out email surveys, by reading trade publications or other magazines/newspapers/newsletters they read, etc.

You can also visit the sites of your competitors and see what terms they seem to be using in their on-page content. (But that that with a grain of salt. Your competitors may not have done sufficient research to know the best keywords themselves.)

You can also use Google's own keyword planner tool to brainstorm new keywords. If you don't already have an AdWords account, you'll have to sign up for one, but after that you can use the tool for free without actually having to run any ad campaign.

There are also many other online keyword research tools available (Wordtracker, SpyFu, SEMrush, etc.). The better ones will cost some money, but most have short subscriptions available so you don't get locked in to spending too much. Just keep in mind that not one of them has access to actual Google information, so you have to use your own discretion when evaluating their suggestions.

--Torka

Old 16th January 2015, 08:44 PM   #3
dannbarbery

There are various keyword research tools that are either free or paid version that you can use. Examples are Google Keyword Planner and Traffic Travis. Familiarity of the use of said tool is always a better way of choosing.

dannbarbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:49 AM   #4
edward222

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonamshrama View Post
I have Shopping site. Please tell me which is the best way to choose keywords for my site?
Google Adword is the tool to choose keywords, if you dont know how to use it, there are also some keyword analyzer tool that is suited for your business, but its still better to do it by your self .

edward222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 03:15 AM   #5
faizybaig

Search keywords on google adwords keyword planner, It will show monthly searches about shopping and select your keywords

Old 28th January 2015, 01:47 AM   #6
parmeshwarthave

Google keyword planner is best keyword checker tool and you can select keywords through other various tools like word tracker and many more.

parmeshwarthave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 04:16 AM   #7
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonamshrama View Post
One of the best ways to determine which best keywords for your site is to use Google Keyword Planner and Reddit as a source of conversation from the people that are related to your keyword phrases.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:22 PM   #8
AHarris555

Send a message via Skype™ to AHarris555
Smile

This is a website that is all about the keyword research tool.
http://support6182.wix.com/keywordresearchtool

Keywords are easy to get as long as you understand.

Good luck!

AHarris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 02:44 PM   #9
Rob Newman

Default Google Analytics too

Another thing to try is Google Analytics to see what words people are using to get to your website

Rob Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 09:39 AM   #10
Crystal21
Banned

You need to do keyword research for that. Get a keyword research tool from sites like SEOclerks and do research. Choose best keywords for you.

Crystal21 is offline   Reply With Quote