Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th September 2010, 01:08 AM   #11
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia payroll View Post
It's really not advisable to have duplicate content on multiple sites. That being said, I have multiple blogs and all of them have the same information.

The best thing to do is "spin" the article. A really good tool for this is www.contentboss.com. There is a 30.00 per month charge, but you can spin your article and submit a "different" article at the push of a button. It is a great tool for press releases...

By the way-
Do not spin your article no matter what because it does not make any sense and your brand name will take serious beating if your content fails to make any sense.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th October 2010, 04:00 PM   #12
rdcclu

Here's what I do. I haven't had a duplicate content problem.

1. I have my author write three versions of the same article.
2. Each article has a different headline.
3. I put an article up on my site/blog first.
4. Then I submit one version to EzineArticles.
5. Then I submit it to hundreds (depends on the keyword the article is optimized for) of article directories using Unique Article Wizard. This is a paid service that spins your titles and versions into many variations. It also has a provision by which you can create a resource box that can be spun into up to 2,048 variations. The resource box is one element of an article that can point to duplicate content, so this is important.

rdcclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 05:45 PM   #13
Social-Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnz View Post
Hi All
Is it sensible to post the same content/articles on different sites i.e Blogger, Squidoo and Facebook? Obviously it makes sense one way.
It would be very economical for me from a work point of view. But is there any reason why it wouldn't work for the readers?
ANY advice is greatly appreciated.
Bottom line is this...

All content on your OWN site should be original. If you're going to place articles on other sites like forums or article submission sites that link back to your main site(s), DO NOT USE THE CONTENT FROM YOUR SITE. Write new versions of the articles for submission purposes. That way your pages all contain original content... and only the pages that link to you are duplicates of one another.

I just posted this on another thread but it's applicable here:

Quote:
Here's how I do use article writing to promote my site.

1) I write a blog post about some topic. Typically my posts are very detailed, like 1500-2500 words. I post this on my blog.

2) I write a totally separate article about the exact same topic. I never look at the original blog post. I write this one from scratch. I may use the same basic outline, but I talk about things at a much higher level, with less detail. This article will typically be 700-1000 words. In the resources box I link to my post in #1 with its targeted kewyord phrase... and I link to my home page with its targeted keyword phrase. You can have 2 links to your site in the resources box and both are FOLLOWed links. I submit this to EzineArticles.

3) EZA publishes it and I get 2 backlinks to my site from the resources box - one to the post, the other to the home page.

4) If you write excellent articles from EZA, LOTS of other web sites will republish your articles. Each time it is re-published, you get 2 more back links.

5) I get traffic not only from EZA but also from the sites where my articles are re-published.

Last edited by Social-Media; 10th October 2010 at 05:47 PM.
Social-Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 06:45 PM   #14
sequoia payroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwebguru View Post
Do not spin your article no matter what because it does not make any sense and your brand name will take serious beating if your content fails to make any sense.
It's true that a lot of article spinners out there are junk. But content boss is not one of them. This is an awesome tool for spinning articles.

BTW the biggest no-no is submitting the same article to a bunch of directories. Send an article to one directory, spin it and do it again to a different directory. Do this a few times a day and in a month you will have 100 different articles talking about your business. All articles will be "original content". They will all be indexed, and you will get back links from all of them.

Old 14th November 2010, 05:20 AM   #15
Lucky Adam

In my view, the same contents or articles for all sites sources do not create some positive impression and obviously we know this that people are involved in almost all possible platforms which are in our access. However keeping the format same, the dimensions can be varied to attract the visitors positively and this is what I would like to suggest here.

Lucky Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 08:48 PM   #16
habeeb24

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbkeegan View Post
This is very true, if you want to give your site a head start, it is best to have original content.
Hi,

I too agree, i found some where duplicate content will be hidden by Google results which shows original content first and rest of duplicated results will be hidden by Google which is of no use for you.

I strongly suggest to go for unique content. You can even re modify the duplicate content upto some extent and use it which should not be replica of original content.

habeeb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 04:33 AM   #17
PromoDirect

I believe you can post the same article to multiple websites. However, it is important that the Author Name/Account Name remains the same everywhere. This indicates your identity as genuine to the search engines & in some cases to the readers.

PromoDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 09:05 AM   #18
farooqi

In my point of view, it does not look nice to use the same article for multiple sites as the uniqueness and originality of data is lost here. The niche can be the same but we have to find some new data of information words.

farooqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 12:15 AM   #19
ihatebusy

This is not gonna work, search engine will not index duplicated artciels. use article spin tools.

ihatebusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 05:13 AM   #20
RashmiP

Posting same article again and again is spaming. New and original content everytime makes good impact on your site.

RashmiP is offline   Reply With Quote