Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th March 2013, 06:45 PM   #31
cjjohnson

Smile

Have you considered guest blogging? If you find a blog related to your niche that has lots of activity and you supply a high quality, information article, you will drive a lot of targeted traffic to your site.

cjjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th March 2013, 12:25 AM   #32
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Try posting original, good quality articles on blog sites. Submit your links to social bookmarking sites and directories. Try social media marketing by interacting with your prospects on FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 05:57 AM   #33
Jessicacis

You can increase the traffic by guest blogging. It helps to increase the relevant traffic. And also social media websites are one of the good source of traffic.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 01:32 PM   #34
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I have always seen good results from forum posting, however, one of my industries is two way radios and I find it very hard to find any good forums in this industry

Directory listings are something I always opt in for, but you require a budget for that

Nutty

Old 28th September 2013, 07:23 PM   #35
OS Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgbiz View Post
It's an inner-connected marketing effort.

Quick List-
1). Facebook
2). Twitter
3). Forums (add link in your signature) (Always been a fast working, favorite of mine BUT you have to particpate in a relevant way).
4). Emails (Add link in your signature)
5). Fiverr (it isn't free, but it's a site where you can hire someone to do something for 5 bucks).
6). About Me page on eBay
7). Submit site to product related sites. For example when I started pocketknivesblog.com I did a search for submit knife site and found a couple sites realted to knives that allowed me to list my site.
8). YouTube (that can be very quick).
9). Blogs - take too long IMHO.
10). Write an ebook and give it away to website visitors!
I like that eBay one - never thought of that. I used the ebook one through amazon and had a link through my site to Amazon - it was pretty good as well.

OS Research is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 02:10 AM   #36
VishalBhatt123

Doing all the Social Media activity like Facebook post, Twitter twitting, Linkedin Share, Youtube video sharing, Pinterest image pining etc. All this activity give you lots of traffic to your site.

If you have online shopping site than Submit your site at various product listing site and submit your product at various affiliate marketing site. From that you get lots of traffic to your site and also get revenue from that.

Old 30th September 2013, 06:40 AM   #37
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Hola

The only point I would like to raise about fiverr on this above list is to be very careful, sounds great to get something for $5, however, if we are talking quality content then make sure that it really is unique and not just copied text which has been changed slightly - you could end up in deeper waters if you don't check the quality of the work received from anything Fiverr

Nutty

Old 30th September 2013, 01:19 PM   #38
Avsharp

Quick wins come from PPC (adwords).

To build your website more organically, you need social and SEO. If you have limited time, I would not engage in a social strategy. Too many times companies start a social page and then never engage after the initial set up. Thus, their social activity produces zero results.

Social also helps generate referral traffic and could upsell current customers. While it takes some time to build a following, it is a relatively inexpensive way to build online credibility.

I recommend starting with one social channel and then building from there.

If you are interested in Facebook, contests are a good way to generate followers quickly. Companies like Grosocial are pretty inexpensive and they have great templates to work from.

Last edited by Avsharp; 30th September 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Avsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:23 AM   #39
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

Youtube video sharing, Twitting, and social networking..
Email marketing is one of the best way to generate traffic..

Old 10th October 2013, 01:50 PM   #40
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I have always seen good results from forum posting, however, one of my industries is two way radios and I find it very hard to find any good forums in this industry

Directory listings are something I always opt in for, but you require a budget for that

Nutty
HI Nutty. With forum posting- Is it mostly referral traffic, or does it also help increase your organic traffic?