Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th August 2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Logan
Administrator

Johnny's a military guy so I'm sure from his perspective the end and destruction of facebook is amusing to him - not that he sees them as "some fortune telling future seeing person".

As I said, I don't think we will live in a world where facebook won't exist after November 5. Sure, I can see a group at this level being able to disrupt the service and that alone can be an avenue to get their message out.

Mike, you make some good points and I agree that the end all is not good in particular regarding small business and our economy. But consider that, if it comes to that level the full force of the US government (and military) will be something for them to also overcome.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:43 AM   #12
JohnPQA

I have read somewhere that it wasn't true at all. However, I don't think it would be possible to take down Facebook. I mean, it should be possible, but it would take a huge ammount of resources to do so.

Think about this: Facebook makes A LOT of money, do you really think they would let someone ruin their business just like that? I don't think so.

JohnPQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 10:19 AM   #13
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPQA View Post
I have read somewhere that it wasn't true at all. However, I don't think it would be possible to take down Facebook. I mean, it should be possible, but it would take a huge ammount of resources to do so.

Think about this: Facebook makes A LOT of money, do you really think they would let someone ruin their business just like that? I don't think so.
Do you know who else makes a lot of money? SONY!

Lets see who else? The Leadership of Syria!

Again not saying it is going to happen, just saying it is possible open your eyes people. Your saying it can't happen because it's a company that makes a lot of money, they did the same thing to people that have near the same ammount of money!

www.mediabean.biz

www.philosophyroundtable.com
Mike.Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 10:45 AM   #14
JohnPQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Bean View Post
Do you know who else makes a lot of money? SONY!

Lets see who else? The Leadership of Syria!

Again not saying it is going to happen, just saying it is possible open your eyes people. Your saying it can't happen because it's a company that makes a lot of money, they did the same thing to people that have near the same ammount of money!
What I meant is that they make a lot of money and they have been warned, so I believe that they will take every measure available to avoid this.
But like you said, it is a possibility.

JohnPQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 12:29 PM   #15
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Agreed. That is a reason to believe this message is not true. Why would they publicly announce the attack. Especially this far in advance.

www.mediabean.biz

Old 15th August 2011, 01:11 PM   #16
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Bean View Post
Agreed. That is a reason to believe this message is not true. Why would they publicly announce the attack. Especially this far in advance.
Facebook has security measures in place and any attack to deny service can be thwarted. I am in the Communications area for the United States Air Force and can tell you that Cyber attacks happen every day. Major companies to include Google have had their systems tested and compromised, but they are still around.

I think what the person who said that Facebook makes alot of money should have said was, they make a lot of money and can put security measures in place to defend their network.

Old 15th August 2011, 03:16 PM   #17
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

I might be miss understanding but you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylew View Post
Major companies to include Google have had their systems tested and compromised, but they are still around.
Exactly my point large company's can be compromised no matter how much money is thrown into defending there network.

But then you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylew View Post
I think what the person who said that Facebook makes alot of money should have said was, they make a lot of money and can put security measures in place to defend their network.
All of this true, but Any encryption can be decoded it is just a matter of how good the person is at decoding it and much time it will take. No matter the security or money poured into it.

The same goes for stopping whatever anonymous is attempting to do, They have more money so yes at the first sign of any failure they can throw there money at figuring that problem out, they will definitely figure it out and faster then most places.

I'm just saying an attack could bring systems down for a certain amount of time. I think you agreed on that based off of the first quote I have from you.

www.mediabean.biz

Old 15th August 2011, 10:50 PM   #18
GoForIt123

Might be true. Might be that google just bought facebook. Facebook is starting to suck recently. The ugly new chat, and other useless updates. They are preparing everyone to change to Google+.

Last edited by GoForIt123; 15th August 2011 at 10:56 PM.
GoForIt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 06:20 AM   #19
garyfalkirk

Could this mean that photos people upload to facebook might be lost/destroyed?

garyfalkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:17 AM   #20
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Like the thread says, it is not going down for good and Facebook has everything backed up. You might lose them for a while, if it even happens

www.mediabean.biz