Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th March 2015, 06:17 AM   #1
cbdmoversperth

Default How To Maintain Ranking On Google.com, Google.co.in And Google.com.au?

How to maintain ranking on Google.com, Google.co.in and Google.com.au?

cbdmoversperth is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th March 2015, 10:24 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Well, in the first place, you can't guarantee that you'll be able to maintain rankings. This is because rankings depend on many factors totally outside your control -- most notably, search engine algorithm updates, and optimization efforts undertaken by your competitors.

In general, if you make sure your site is user-friendly with intuitive navigation and easy to use page layouts; fill that user-friendly site with excellent, unique content; and properly market the site to people in your target audience, then you'll maximize your chances of doing well in the search engines.

Of course, you may still face an uphill battle if one of your competitors decides to invest heavily in a site upgrade and optimization campaign. So, unless you have the ability to drive all your competition out of business before then, your best option is to continuously improve your own site to try to keep one step ahead of them. If you can make and keep your own site more informative, easier to use and better marketed than theirs, then they'll be the ones facing the uphill battle.

In this case, since you're targeting the global ".com" as well as the countries of India and Australia, you're going to want to build relationships and promote your site especially to related businesses and potential customers in those two countries (for the .co.in and .co.au sites) and worldwide (for the .com site). It's not going to be easy to target the entire world (.com) as well as focusing on two specific countries, but if you have the right team(s) in place, it can be done.

--Torka

Old 24th March 2015, 12:15 PM   #3
deepalmittal

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Well, in the first place, you can't guarantee that you'll be able to maintain rankings. This is because rankings depend on many factors totally outside your control -- most notably, search engine algorithm updates, and optimization efforts undertaken by your competitors.
generally i agree with you, but all depends on your co-citation that you get from local directories and channels. It is not very easy.

deepalmittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2015, 11:12 PM   #4
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepalmittal View Post
but all depends on your co-citation that you get from local directories and channels. It is not very easy.
Is it really depends on the co-citation that you get from local directories and channels to maintain rankings in the search engine?
Definitely its not the basis.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 02:48 AM   #5
johnniewalk
VIP Contributor

So you want to maintain Your ranking means You can use 3 resource one is for google.com.au, and remaining for other domain..

johnniewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 05:30 AM   #6
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdmoversperth View Post
How to maintain ranking on Google.com, Google.co.in and Google.com.au?
You are already ranking in these 3 extensions, so can I come to a conclusion that your website is already loaded with relevant content and you have so far built quality backlinks only. I would advise you to start a blog on your website. Post only unique and relevant articles (maybe a solution) which your potential customers might be looking for. After initiating a blog, you can promote your posts by using Social Media Channels.

According to your signature, you should mainly focus on maintaining rankings in Australia. I donít think so that you may have enough .au resources and so you should consider investing heavily on Paid advertising. You can also spy on your competitor backlinks while planning your link building strategy.

I hope my suggestion helps.

RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 01:54 AM   #7
cbdmoversperth

Thanks for reply. Can suggest me how i start paid advertising and cost of advertising?

cbdmoversperth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 05:25 AM   #8
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdmoversperth View Post
Thanks for reply. Can suggest me how i start paid advertising and cost of advertising?
As you are new to paid advertising, I would recommend you to look into the following link to get some basic information about this topic. Here is the link - https://blog.kissmetrics.com/paid-internet-advertising/

Google AdWords generates a better ROI as compared to other paid advertising. So in order to get started, you can visit the following link i.e. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704395?hl=en

RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote