Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd July 2011, 07:59 PM   #21
jcrewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTheBest View Post
Hi jcrewe!

You're welcome and I thank you for the kind comments. I just read your reply and a couple of things come to mind really quick:

You claim: I agree with your comment on the testimonials, however, the template that I am using only allows so much content in the side bar.

Go to 'Rent-a-coder.com' (google it) and join. Costs nothing. I am willing to bet that for as little as $20 you will be able to get a coder to fix that and customize it any way you want. Before you do that, you may want to think about any other tweeks and changes... because it may be just as cheap (or a couple of bucks more) to get them all done.

You claim about your friend: He look some of my products into his office but, unfortunately, the items were 'taken' so I have to create some kind of display where I can secure the items so they cannot be removed.

Uh... that speaks volumes to me, no? Your stuff didn't last long. If you have the capability of making custom 'anything', why not make one that says 'This is a sample'? Just a thought. People also steal samples.

Problems with categories etc? Remember this if you remember nothing else from this post. "80% is GOOD ENOUGH". I am not trying to tell you so settle for second best. I am not trying to tell you to rush things. What I am trying to tell you is that people will sit, and sit and sit waiting until they get it PERFECT. Ha! If that was the case... we would all be working on Windows for Workgroups 3.1.

Seriously, I am telling you that you can change, discontinue or (I like this one the best) 'we no longer support that'... for anything you make up. Start somewhere... it's more important that you START then do NOTHING. Follow?

Put it together the best you can. Let it go. Get response. Tweek. Rinse and repeat. Works for Microsoft....and just about the rest of the world. Why not for you?

Hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck! Go get 'em!
WOW, more excellent advise!!! Thank you!!!!

I think the best advise here is: "80% is good enough". I am a perfectionist and tend to wait to implement things until I have it 'perfect' and you are totally right that I shoud NOT wait and that things can always be changed and tweaked. I love how you used Microsoft as an example! Totally puts it into perspective and if Microsoft can do it then so can I!

So, I am going to take your excellent advise and START rather than do NOTHING

I am giddy with excitement right now (or maybe it's the caffeine from the pop I just drank...haha!) and I am grateful for your advise and encouragement. Sometimes, I think it's just a little encouragement that I need when I'm feeling a little deflated and that is exactly what you have done for me....you have put the wind back in my sails (or sales..hee hee).

Again, thank you so very much for your awesome advice and encouragement.

Jennifer

Old 6th September 2011, 01:16 AM   #22
jhardy2008

make your content interesting with selling instinct.

jhardy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote