Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Viral Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th January 2009, 01:19 AM   #1
avish

Default Recommendations For Viral Traffic And More

Hello ,
i will give you some tricks of making your site to become a massive machine of traffic,some of them will be viral and some of the regular ways.
lets explain the terms from my point of view:
Viral marketing - duplication of one common thing(video,site,game) by many webmasters.
Regular- Seo,Forums,Social Bookmarketing ect.

For viral marketing i recommend Free Viral - very efficient.

If you have a wordpress blog i will recommend the Pingfm plugin - it allow you to publish your blog on many social networks automatically.

and if you have other site than wordpress,try to bookmark it on socialmarker(google it).
Link Exchange is always a good regular method to improve your site popularity

You can allso use Craigslist for generating traffic but you have to know how to use it properly.
there are many free ebook that you can download ,just google it.

I hope it was helpfull
Good luck

Last edited by avish; 20th January 2009 at 08:08 AM.
avish is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th August 2013, 01:22 PM   #2
LGCG

Ugh. Viral is such a buzz word that by now it's lost all meaning.

Old 30th September 2013, 05:58 AM   #3
CatherineM

Sometimes it is very hard to say if this or that piece of info (video, picture, etc) will or won't go viral. Just do what you like and share it with people and there will be those who loove it and share it.

Old 14th November 2013, 09:22 AM   #4
jamesshaffer

Send a message via ICQ to jamesshaffer
Wink Viral marketing is more art than technology

Well, I totally agree that there's nothing more rewarding for content creators than to see their works going viral. However, it's not that easy and not very frequent. Some of the marketers even recommend to make your brains shut up when you choose ideas for content. These ideas are usually simple and entertaining. It's close to impossible to tell for sure which idea will go viral and which won't. We should simply use our intuition and rely on our own taste. If we like it, who knows, maybe somebody else will like it too.

jamesshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 02:39 PM   #5
danieldd

Send a message via Skype™ to danieldd

As the fellow forum members above me said:

viral is not about SEO, sharing, etc. It is about creating the thing that people will want to share, like and replicate. It is not something you aim at, it just comes.

Even after long years of trying to come up with an idea for viral marketing for a cleaning company in South London it just doesn't come. It was when I stopped bothering about this viral thing when I came up with some clever "memes" and an infographic that got plenty of views.

Old 6th December 2013, 10:13 AM   #6
vjproduction

There may be some exceptions, but basically there is no such thing as "viral marketing" - only "viral content".

Also, the "viral content" can't become really viral / popular without luck or "factor x" - to have the right content at the right time + to be seen and shared by the right people.

vjproduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 05:21 AM   #7
bitFAT

Viral means when people like your content in any form and share further with their networks, communities and make your content popular. This is never an easy task and it can be done by using right approach for content development and then its promotion.

Thanks

Old 13th January 2014, 03:37 AM   #8
Charlottergreen
Banned

It isn't hard to predict which group of visitors you'll be more likely to convert into a steady stream of long-term .... Load more suggestions.

Charlottergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 10:53 AM   #9
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Just create great content you would like to share immediately if you were a common Web user (and potential user of your product or reader of your blog). This sounds like trivia but it's how viral thing actually works.

Old 27th May 2015, 05:08 AM   #10
CheesyHome

No doubt engagement is necessary to shift the consumer from one product to the next or form run one product what brand to the checkout counter... next we will need to factor how much time spent for engagementis the result of intrigue, confusion or oddities?

I've always been a fan of engagement that leads to sharing man our clients appreciate our willingness to walk upstairs rather than run down hills.

CheesyHome is offline   Reply With Quote