Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Viral Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th August 2014, 04:37 PM   #1
UMS

Default Advertising Question

Hello, my small business is a team of graphic designers and we have been trying to use facebook marketing and such to get more clients but have had no success. What tips can you all give to cheaply advertise. I know the more you pay the better results but with us just starting out we have very little funds to get things going. Thank you.

Regards,
Tyler Ullery
UMS Operations Manager

UMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st August 2014, 04:02 AM   #2
fredkmolloy

First you market in your local free classified. Next post in the social network like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr. After that you try for paid ads like Google Adwords etc.,

fredkmolloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 05:47 PM   #3
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Talking

I assume you have a web site?

Step 1: Sign up for Sumo.me (it's free) and install the plugin (for WordPress sites) or HTML code (for other sites).

Step 2: Create a PDF book that promotes what you do… the problems you solve that business owners have with their market communications — including corporate identity and branding, publications, packaging, signage, etc.

Include examples of your work in these different categories. Keep it simple and to the point. This free report is a useful example of the kind of thing I mean: http://goo.gl/UGwPUx

Bottom Line: Tell your story, with words and images, showing that you understand their problems and how you can fix them.

Step 3: Set up your autoresponder system and link it to your SuMo.me account, ready to accept sign-ups.

Step 4: Set up SuMo.me for your website and tweak it to appear where and when you want to your site visitors. Set up your offer page for your ebook and redirect sign-ups to the download page.

It's not hard to do and shouldn't take too long.

Step 5: Drive traffic to your offer page via Adwords and Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads and posts. Write articles for blogs, forums, ezines, that will link readers to your offer as well. DO NOT USE ANY LIKE-GATES ON FACEBOOK!

It's a simple strategy, but it will educate and qualify/disqualify your target audience and help prospects bond with you. The aim is position your firm as experts in market communications, sensible strategies and solutions. Follow up with an autoresponder series that builds on this objective and keep making offers and following them up intelligently.

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 11:46 PM   #4
jellychip

agree with Marketing Doctor wrote.

It all depends on your target market.

Given that you're a team of graphic designers there's a few places to start:

1. Work out WHO your audience is

2. Decide whether you're going to target a specific demographic/area/niche

3. You could start by using sites like Odesk.com to get you guys started and build a portfolio

4. Start doing some freebie work for businesses you already know to build your portfolio

5. Do some market research on who exactly might want to use your services and directly target those markets.

If you need help with market research and some advice on that, happy to help, drop me a PM

jellychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 04:12 AM   #5
detectiveconan

sounds like marketing doctor method is pretty effective. something you could try.

detectiveconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 03:44 PM   #6
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Default Advertising Question

Don't just restrict your advertisement to Facebook, there are other social websites such as Twitter, Google + and you should give your ad in the yellow pages that is an effective way to get more customers.

kdaniel171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 06:46 PM   #7
DigitalQpon

Default Coupon Sharing

We just released a service that could help - DigitalQpon.com. We let you create variable value coupons to promote your site or service. Each time somebody shares your coupon on social media, the value goes up, encouraging people to share.

DigitalQpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 10:48 PM   #8
BBM

Perfect thanks for the step by step!! i will get one going asap

BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 01:48 AM   #9
NeilD

I have also found Facebook difficult when it comes to generating business. From my experience paid FB clicks have a higher bounce rate and lower conversion rate.

Adwords can be quite effective at driving business however it can be really quite pricey. Another option is Bing which is generally quite a bit cheaper than Adwords but from my experience doesn't convert as well.

Old 22nd November 2016, 01:30 AM   #10
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

In terms of advertising it would be paid (fast results but expensive) or earned organically from different mediums (time consuming but provides long term duration of results).