Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th December 2011, 10:30 PM   #21
ActionableBiz

It's going to depend on what you're trying to accomplish. W3C school is THE GOTO place but not always the best for beginners.

Now, if you're just looking to make html pages using a graphical (WYSIWYG) editor, dreamweaver will do.

But if you're looking at learning the fundamentals, I really like the courses they have over at Lynda.com They'll walk you through each step and show you what each tag means.

I learned it with W3C but I had a lot of time on my hand when I learned it, and as a business owner you may not have that much time.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:34 AM   #22
nvmeetingroom

Yes, I agree with w3schools is best place to learn html. and it's easy to learn.

thank you.

nvmeetingroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 03:12 AM   #23
brithny

Default Html

w3school is one of the best online learning guide regarding programming languages.

Old 2nd February 2012, 03:36 AM   #24
shah123456

Default Learning HTML

You can start learning HTML from scratch
You should know important tags in defining a html page

ie.
<html> --> it defines that it is an html page
<head> --> every extra information about pages like meta tags, scripts, css codes, page title lies here.
</head>
<body> --> It contains the visual area, everything here is visible in your actual page.
</body>
</html>

shah123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 04:16 AM   #25
Peter Biskind

HTML is web-site language, if you want to learn may be you can download a tutorial about HTML language because itís a basic part for making & developing websites.

Peter Biskind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 07:58 PM   #26
craigbass76

w3schools is at the top of google, but certainly not the way to learn best practices. I went into #html on freenode (irc network) and got read the riot act once becaus emy code was (after following what I saw on w3schools) so ot of whack.

Now that IE6 has finally died (someone say AMEN!), you can build a standards compliant website and not have to break it afterward.

Instead of starting with w3schools, start with the folks who make the standards. Here's where their tutorials start, as far as I can tell: http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML

And ask around when you're stuck. Folks on html and css message boards are willing to help, but get kind of grouchy sometimes if you haven't tried very hard on your own. I was reminded of this lately when I made my site work both on a computer and on a phone...

craigbass76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 12:54 AM   #27
marykabrown

W3 schools is one of the best site to learn html.

marykabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 09:19 AM   #28
Allen Brayan

Well, HTML is the basic programming language. Most of the universities and institutes teach HTML first before teaching other languages.

Allen Brayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 09:59 PM   #29
ChrisLeads

I want to learn the html5

ChrisLeads is offline   Reply With Quote