Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th May 2007, 05:25 PM   #1
LsuTigers

Default Postcard Designer

I am looking to do a postcard mailer to local businesses in my area to introduce my start up advertising company (direct mail magazines and local community coupon web sites). I am curious if you have recommendation of quality company or individual that can build and design postcard that would expose new local web site that is currently being built (should be finished by next week). I am looking to mail to 3K-4K businesses prior to my contacting them as a soft introduction both of myself and web site. Your feedback is always appreciated and very useful!

LsuTigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th May 2007, 05:36 PM   #2
TAAZ
Banned

I've found thru experience that postcard mailers are a waste of time and money -- have you considered [SPAM REMOVED] These are something potential clients have a tendency to hang on to; postcard mailers get tossed almost immediately.

TAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 07:50 AM   #3
mktgbiz

I know of a site that does fantastic work and the orices are very, very reasonable. Send them ANY image and they work with it.

Try http://www.enized.com

I get my business cards from them...full color.

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 02:51 AM   #4
CScott

Default Have you tried 1to1postcards?

From our experience we like 1to1postcards.com They have online design tools, or we can upload our pre-bilt designs. They allow us to upload our mail list, and thier prices have been great. We just got a coupon from them the other day that took about $34 off the total order (everything helps). The coupon code was bcsaver01 and we applied it to the shopping cart on checkout.

I think the coupon was intended to be for 500 business cards for $11.11, but we found it worked on multiple orders and the bottom line was it reduced the total bill by about $30 some odd $'s.

I am new to this forum - cool place, but been doing this stuff for awhile.

CScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 01:36 PM   #5
sdsissom

gotprint.com has a good postcard designer as well. easy to use and pretty good prices

sdsissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:47 PM   #6
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

We used PostcardMania.com for a while. We changed our campaign and don't use them any more... bu NOT because of anything they did. They are great because they are ON TOP of EVERY ORDER thru EVERY STEP. I know you will get great product and service from them!

Now, we do our own design work. Remember... on a postcard, it's like a billboard. You have ONE SECOND to grab attention. Make it REALLY CLEAR AND TO THE POINT. If you get really fancy with graphics and all that... and you hide the message... you will fail.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 01:12 PM   #7
JohnFenton

No specific recommendation... But, since it's a local mailing...

I would look around for a local designer in your area. They are more likely to be in touch with what works well in your local demographic. And since you are looking at a long term relationship (based on your business description) I think their are some advantages to working with someone local. Their is a strong advantage in being able to sit down with someone and hash through your ideas to find what works.

As far as the mailing it self goes... if your primary target is your local area and you're using Standard Mail, I would also recommend you look for a local mailing company who drops their mail at the local SCF facility.

There is a significant postal discount for Local mail, and in most markets you can find someone who is competent.

JohnFenton is offline   Reply With Quote