Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th October 2009, 11:38 AM   #1
K05

Question Marketing Lists

I have been using forums for many years now, but I am new to this forum. Glad to be here! Now, on to business.

I am looking for a recommendation for a list purchasing company/website. All of my previous direct mail efforts have been directed towards previous customers (in my opinion the most effective form of direct mail - if done correctly). Obviously sending to existing customers meant that I have never had to purchase lists. I am now marketing a new aspect of our business and need a QUALITY business to business list - ideally, it will have choices for contact names other than the president/owner - I need facility directors/managers, maintenance supervisors, etc.

I have looked at D&B and DirectoriesUSA, but I did not find them to be very user friendly.

Recommendations? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to using this forum as a resource.

K05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th November 2009, 01:14 AM   #2
BB Copywriting

I have used InfoUSA.com with great success.

You might want to give them a try.

Hope this helps,

Jason

BB Copywriting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 03:20 AM   #3
jacovsamuel

A collection of lists with a bias towards UK and Ireland but there are some International, European and North American lists. The lists are divided into Business and Consumer and further categorized into sectors or type, for example Drinks Trade, Aviation & Defense, Smaller Companies.

jacovsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Infobiz

K05,

I work for infoUSA and DirectoriesUSA is one of the many products/services we offer. Not sure if you are still in need of a marketing list but in my opinion the best thing to do would be go through a rep like myself for assistance in creating the perfect marketing list. If you still have a need feel free to give me a call.

-Rob

Old 22nd January 2010, 02:17 PM   #5
davcgp

Default Referral

I've worked in the Direct Mail industry for about 20 plus years, I've had great results using Millard (a division of InfoUSA) and Paradyszmatera. Both of provided great list opportunities. If you are a small to midsized contractor you might want to take a look at www.leveragedmedia.com they have a direct relationship with Millard and can provide names by SIC code etc.

davcgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Infobiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcgp View Post
I've worked in the Direct Mail industry for about 20 plus years, I've had great results using Millard (a division of InfoUSA) and Paradyszmatera. Both of provided great list opportunities. If you are a small to midsized contractor you might want to take a look at www.leveragedmedia.com they have a direct relationship with Millard and can provide names by SIC code etc.

From what I understand Paradyszmatera is a reseller. I do know that they buy a lot of our(infoUSA) data. In my opinion if you want the freshest data I would stay away from resellers. Also you will have more success with your marketing efforts if you have the freshest data available.

infoUSA bought out Millard a few years ago. Millard is service that houses your list/data and will also do some brokering.

Just a few of the things infoUSA provides are business and consumer sales leads, data processing and also business credit reports. In addition we do email and direct mail marketing where we will mail/email out the your campaign for you. We also have designers on staff that can design either your mail piece or html.

Feel free to call me anytime. I would be more than happy to over any options we have that will not only fit your marketing needs but also your budget.

Old 26th March 2010, 02:29 AM   #7
leadpile.market

Default Marketing Lists

Hi,
There are many sites like Info USA and Local.com, Hotfrog.com, insiderpages.com which can provide you businesses from across the world. Hope they will solve your problem.
Regards,
Lead Pile

leadpile.market is offline   Reply With Quote