Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th April 2015, 07:21 AM   #1
cbdmoversperth

Default I Want To Know That Does Paid Traffic Helps To Improve SERP?

I want to know that does paid traffic helps to improve SERP?

cbdmoversperth is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th April 2015, 12:46 PM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

No. There is no relationship between paid advertising and the organic search results. Google (and other reputable search engines) have been quite clear about this from the very beginning.

Not only would it be a bad idea from a business standpoint, in the USA (and many other parts of the world) it would be potentially illegal.

There are many good reasons to engage in paid advertising. Improving your rankings in organic search is not one of them.

--Torka

Old 4th May 2015, 04:43 AM   #3
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdmoversperth View Post
As torka said it has nothing to do with SERP because paid traffic is not a ranking metric.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 05:39 AM   #4
edward222

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdmoversperth View Post
Why would you care on the organic rankings?
If you do PPC, your website ranks higher in the number 1
organic rankings

edward222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 10:42 AM   #5
kindsvater

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Google (and other reputable search engines) have been quite clear about this from the very beginning.

Not only would it be a bad idea from a business standpoint, in the USA (and many other parts of the world) it would be potentially illegal.
Although I agree with this conceptually, as documented in the recently leaked FTC investigation report of Google, there have been pay for ranking schemes where Google has manually manipulated the SERP results if a company did not provide something to Google.

Much depends on whether you are going to accept Google's public statements, or not. Based on the FTC report I wouldn't.

Google has a financial incentive to downgrade the ranking of a website that could, but doesn't, pay for PPC. Even the subtlest of downgrades - one spot - can make a huge difference on your bottom line.

kindsvater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 02:46 AM   #6
hrishivardhan

Paid traffic can increase visits but not SERP. There is no relation between paid traffic and SERP.
You can increase SERP only through organic way.

hrishivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 03:18 PM   #7
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

Technically speaking, Google's AdWords database isn't connected with their organic search database. So technically it doesn't help to pay for PPC ads.

But, it does have an indirect effect. People will see and click on your ad, look at your site, and then later they may come back by looking up your company name. Then, that's most likely an organic search.

As more people look up your brand, that triggers other organic factors that can help your ranking.

Old 14th August 2015, 04:05 PM   #8
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post
Although I agree with this conceptually, as documented in the recently leaked FTC investigation report of Google, there have been pay for ranking schemes where Google has manually manipulated the SERP results if a company did not provide something to Google.

Much depends on whether you are going to accept Google's public statements, or not. Based on the FTC report I wouldn't.

Google has a financial incentive to downgrade the ranking of a website that could, but doesn't, pay for PPC. Even the subtlest of downgrades - one spot - can make a huge difference on your bottom line.
I'd have to agree on this one, at least concerning Universal Search. It needs to be pointed out that the investigation was dropped after finding it plausible the intent was to improve the user experience (? Yeah, that's what I said). Believe what you choose. I still use Google, just not for online shopping.

Referencing the 2013 Investigation

Last edited by DantheMan; 14th August 2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Was found plausible
DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 11:37 PM   #9
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

No there is no relationship between paid and organic traffic, Paid traffic doesn't count by the Google.

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote