Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd October 2008, 09:26 PM   #1
RockSolid

Send a message via Skype™ to RockSolid
Default Pay Per Click Is A WASTE Of $$$$$$$$

Well how do I say this. Walk outside and put your $ in the trash. That is what you do when you pay anyone to do or if you do pay per click advertising yourself. It is a market far to played out. It is the slut part of the search engine. Any company reputable is listed in the natural searches not the pay per click. you can be in pay per click over night. It lowers your reputability to only be in pay per click and not in natural searches. Next you pay for each person who clicks LOL what a dumb idea. Please anyone can click my competitors and EVEN the co who is managing it so I continue to run out of budget and they charge more. I dont like anything like that someone else controls and then where my competitors have access to cost me money NOWAY no THANKS. this market needs WAY more control. Reminds me of the Wall Street Bail out OUCH!

Just my opinion "I have one'

RockSolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:19 AM   #2
jg42122

I think pay per click is good especially if your a new company but I agree that your competitors can cost you money and that sucks however there is a way to beat the system

jg42122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
Well how do I say this. Walk outside and put your $ in the trash. That is what you do when you pay anyone to do or if you do pay per click advertising yourself.
Catherine, I don't know what happened to sour your opinion of PPC marketing, but it does work. I've used PPC marketing successfully on many different occasions. But there's a trick to it. You have to know what you're doing. That means you have to invest the time to master both the art and science of PPC marketing and learn how to make it work for you.

I suggest you read Perry Marshall's "Definitive Guide to Google AdWords," which is considered by many to be the bible of the various Adwords publications on the market. It will help you to improve click rates, understand which words to use for match-types, lower advertising expenses and thereby increase your overall total returns on your pay-per-click advertisements.

Dale King

Last edited by Dale King; 4th October 2008 at 10:49 AM.
Dale King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 10:47 AM   #4
youbetcha1018

This is just the first time that I heard someone complaining about PPC. When on other forums, people are rejoicing because they had this PPC. Dale King is right, you have to know what you are doing and then you'll see, how PPC really works.

youbetcha1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 03:17 PM   #5
PFDM

The big problem with PPC is that many companies tend to overdo it. You can make yourself seem less reputable and more "spammy" if you are on every PPC search engine out there. However, like Dale and youbetcha said, if you know what you're doing and use the right keywords and search engines, you can turn out great results!

PFDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 03:15 PM   #6
EmporiaStudios

I've always had great success using PPC. The majority of the PPC work I did involved optimization too. You change up keywords or phrases you are using every few days and carefully monitor traffic and sales. If you feel the PPC company is pulling a fast one on you, setup .html landing pages with an immediate redirect to your homepage, lock them from spiders in robots.txt and watch the page views.

When used correctly, PPC can be a valuable tool. I've found over time, nothing can beat organic SEO though. It may be expensive to get set up right (90% of the 'SEO' companies know enough to convince you they are good), but if you are set up well and legit, it's only uphill from there with organic SEO (free advertising!)

My best advice is optimization of those keywords through trial and error!

EmporiaStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 07:02 PM   #7
ADC

I've used both organic and PPC and they both have merit. You do need to do homework for both as well. Be sure to set daily limits that you can stomach.

Best of luck!

ADC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 06:25 AM   #8
EmporiaStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADC View Post
I've used both organic and PPC and they both have merit. You do need to do homework for both as well. Be sure to set daily limits that you can stomach.

Best of luck!
daily limit is something you can grow to regret not setting low during trial and error

EmporiaStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 03:28 AM   #9
banners56

I never had any success with ppc evn hired someone to write my ads got zilch.

banners56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 01:58 AM   #10
khaty

PPC is a great start for your website, like most of them says that you have to know what you are doing. You can be successful on PPC with right and rich keywords.

khaty is offline   Reply With Quote