Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Arctic101

Default Converstion/order Form

Hiya,

I have recently set up a website from a standing start.
I would like to add a converstion/order form to it and Im seeking a free template ,would appreciate any guidance, suggestions or pointers.

Arctic101

Arctic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th November 2010, 09:29 AM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi Arctic101!

I am not really sure about what you're looking to do. From what it sounds like, you DO NOT have a shopping cart on your site.

If you're using standard HTML pages (and there is nothing wrong with that) you can add 'PayPal' buttons to any page. Most do not understand that PayPal actually includes a free shopping cart type set up. When a visitors 'Adds' the item (from the paypal created button), a new window will appear with a list of products, pricing and totals.

Does that help?? Check out paypal.com for complete details.

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 09:36 AM   #3
Arctic101

Default Converstion/order form

Hi,

@ Be the Best,
Thanks the for the reply.

I am looking to add some sort of booking form , something with a calander on it for a customer to stare a prefered time of app, maybe a template of some sort that i could work from...the idea is a little hazy at the moment.

Arctic101

Arctic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 10:34 AM   #4
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hazy? Let me clear it up for you. First of all... make this DEAD SIMPLE to use. Otherwise, if it's complicated... visitors will just leave. Trust me. It's not to show them WHAT you can do... it's to get them to TAKE ACTION.

You want a page with a simple calendar on it. Let the visitor review the calendar and come up with a date. Then just create a form where the visitor adds that date. Simple.

Get the visitor info that you need. That is name, e-mail, (phone and address... depending on what you really need) and the date. Get them to send it to you (by e-mail) so you can respond to them.

Also... when the form is sent, be sure to have the form redirect the visitor to a 'Thank you' page so the visitor KNOWS it was processed. In so many cases, I see a site that just refreshes the same page when the form is completed... you never know if it was actually processed.

If you need more help with this, you are welcome to PM me direct.

Looking for On line Marketing Help?
I can help! Spend 2 minutes and complete
this online form. Do it now!

Last edited by BeTheBest; 25th November 2010 at 10:39 AM.
BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote