5 YouTube SEO Tactics
A few things you can do.....
1. For a local business, tag the video with the location.
2. Keyword Research - Use popular keywords that people are searching for in your title. Remember, Google indexes YouTube videos and KY research is just as important for your video as it is for your blog posts.
3. Add an extended description - forget the 3 sentence description. Write a nice post of 200-500 words. Make it a short blog post. Remember, Google can't crawl a video, so a relevent description helps explain what the video is about.
4. Another local business tip - add your NAP (Name, Address, Phone). Most people think local citations are only for review sites and business directories. But the truth is that a citation is any mention of your business. The higher the authority and relevence the better. There is no reason not to put your NAP in your video discription.
5. Upload a transcript. Again, Google can't crawl the video to find out what it is about. The good thing is that you don't need a full transcript - unless you have one. I have used my long description as the transcript. However, I often type out a loose script for my videos and use that as the transcript.
Hope that helps...
Last edited by Local Mixed; 30th May 2015 at 01:02 PM.