Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd November 2012, 10:17 PM   #1
D_Kotian

Default What Is The Difference..?

What is the difference between static page and dynamic page..?

Old 22nd November 2012, 11:33 PM   #2
andy001

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Kotian View Post
What is the difference between static page and dynamic page..?
Hello,

Static Page :-

A static page is written using by HTML code and each page have separate documents and their is no database connectivity,

It shows the required information but do not accept anything from the users.

Dynamic Page :-

A Dynamic page is written using by ASP or PHP or any Complex coding language. There is a database connectivity on the server, It Show the information and accept some data from the users also like Railway Reservation page is the example of Dynamic page.

Thanks and Regards,
Andy

andy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 05:17 AM   #3
abhirampathak3

Default What Is The Difference between Static Pages and Dynamic Pages

Static Pages
Quick and easy to put together, even by someone who doesn't have much experience.
Ideal for demonstrating how a site will look.
Cache friendly, one copy can be shown to many people.
Dynamic Pages
Offers highly personalized and customized visitor options.
Database access improves the personalized experience (as opposed to using just client side cookies)
Scripts can read in data sources and display it differently depending on how it is run.
Can create the illusion of being updated regularly using time and date sensitive routines (or even randomizers) to display pre-written text.

abhirampathak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 03:12 AM   #4
CBIL360

In simple way take an example of facebook page - Here user can edit a page, may post content; i.e. such pages which can be changed by user are dynamic pages, but when only admin of a website only can change content, design etc are called static pages.

CBIL360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 08:40 AM   #5
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBIL360 View Post
In simple way take an example of facebook page - Here user can edit a page, may post content; i.e. such pages which can be changed by user are dynamic pages, but when only admin of a website only can change content, design etc are called static pages.
That is a pretty good description.

Old 8th March 2013, 10:58 AM   #6
markrootcarman

Default Which one is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirampathak3 View Post
Static Pages
Quick and easy to put together, even by someone who doesn't have much experience.
Ideal for demonstrating how a site will look.
Cache friendly, one copy can be shown to many people.
Dynamic Pages
Offers highly personalized and customized visitor options.
Database access improves the personalized experience (as opposed to using just client side cookies)
Scripts can read in data sources and display it differently depending on how it is run.
Can create the illusion of being updated regularly using time and date sensitive routines (or even randomizers) to display pre-written text.
I like the way you describe the difference. I am thinking to make a website for my finance company. So can you tell me which page is better for it?

markrootcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Websumes

Default Shared Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrootcarman View Post
I like the way you describe the difference. I am thinking to make a website for my finance company. So can you tell me which page is better for it?
Beware that if you want to display shared links like Facebook Like buttons, G+ etc that for some (if not all) of those button types won't update their counters properly in a dynamic page. There might be some goofy hackery involved to get those to work in that environment (.asp, .php etc) but so far I personally have had no such luck. I think most sites built using something like WordPress get away with having those buttons because the content in the site pulled in using javascript or JQuery. I could be wrong though on that. Someone can corroborate on that.

Websumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 02:50 AM   #8
stanleywym

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrootcarman View Post
I strongly suggest you to use WordPress to build your site. Quick and easy.

stanleywym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 02:46 AM   #9
JessicaJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy001 View Post
Hello,

Static Page :-

A static page is written using by HTML code and each page have separate documents and their is no database connectivity,

It shows the required information but do not accept anything from the users.

Dynamic Page :-

A Dynamic page is written using by ASP or PHP or any Complex coding language. There is a database connectivity on the server, It Show the information and accept some data from the users also like Railway Reservation page is the example of Dynamic page.

Thanks and Regards,
Andy

You are right, i am completely agree with your description you shared with us. Static websites often use for small business and dynamic sites are helpful for other kinds of business.

JessicaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 01:55 AM   #10
noahwilson
Banned

Static page developed by using html. its not accept any data from user and show the information only. Dynamic website page developed in server script language like php and .net. in this the user can be send value on server, and dynamic page value access from database.

noahwilson is offline   Reply With Quote