Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th February 2013, 03:52 AM   #1
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Default Do Profile Backlinks Useful For Ranking My Site In SERP?

I have started to create profile in top social media and social networking sites. While creating my profile i am adding my site in it.

Does this helps any way in ranking my site in SERP and helps in increasing the PR to my site.?

Old 20th February 2013, 12:31 PM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Probably not, or at least not much.

First, most of those links are likely nofollowed.

Second, at least as far as Google is concerned, they're making an effort to discount links that are "easy" -- in other words, they don't want any link you can create yourself, for free, to count for much in your favor.

This doesn't mean those links are worthless. Some of them may not be nofollow, and there may still be some "social validation" factor that the search engines take into account somehow. Beyond that, seeing your site in your profile may inspire some people who follow you to visit your site, which might bring you a small amount of direct traffic.

The main benefit to social media participation is just that... the participation. If all you're doing is creating a bunch of profiles, but not doing anything useful with those accounts, you're not going to get much benefit.

Use those accounts to build followers and establish yourself (and your company) as industry authorities. Build credibility and reach. That's the main thing social media is good for at the moment.

--Torka

Old 20th February 2013, 11:10 PM   #3
accurate.cygnet

It has nothing to do with rankings in SERPs. That's totally a different thing. SMO helps increase traffic, it is primarily used to make your brand famous.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 01:47 AM   #4
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurate.cygnet View Post
It has nothing to do with rankings in SERPs. That's totally a different thing. SMO helps increase traffic, it is primarily used to make your brand famous.
If we get our profile approved in top social networking sites we will get page rank to our profile also. There might be some benefits of transfer of page rank from that site to my site.

What do you think?

Old 21st February 2013, 02:22 AM   #5
saovietxulynuoc

Default profilte backlinks

Adding your site on profile when you participate in social networks bring you more traffic to your site if you really give value news to them. I think it does'nt be any change in your PR

saovietxulynuoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 08:58 AM   #6
justanother

They are just for traffic not for improving organic ranking.

justanother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 12:37 AM   #7
accurate.cygnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by saovietxulynuoc View Post
Adding your site on profile when you participate in social networks bring you more traffic to your site if you really give value news to them. I think it does'nt be any change in your PR
No It does not have any relationship with the PR, there is no such significance.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 12:15 AM   #8
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanother View Post
They are just for traffic not for improving organic ranking.
I got good page rank for few of the profiles which i have created in top page rank profile submission websites.

Old 22nd March 2013, 03:41 PM   #9
OptimizerMan

Send a message via Skype™ to OptimizerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgninestallon View Post
I have started to create profile in top social media and social networking sites. While creating my profile i am adding my site in it.

Does this helps any way in ranking my site in SERP and helps in increasing the PR to my site.?
Pagerank has not meant diddley in website ranking for probably the last five to eight years -- it's not even worth your time thinking about.

OptimizerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 01:09 AM   #10
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimizerMan View Post
Pagerank has not meant diddley in website ranking for probably the last five to eight years -- it's not even worth your time thinking about.
But if you check for the top sites listing in the google organic search will always have good page rank in it. Of the 10 sites that are displayed in 1st page of Google, almost 8 to 9 sites will have greater page rank.