Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th October 2009, 01:04 PM   #41
ritty

Smile Hi Everyone

Join a network where contacts come to you everyday! Check my link, it's the largest for business minded individuals! Does't matter what you sell or promote either!!

ritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th November 2009, 06:01 PM   #42
samklein

Google, Bing, and potentially Yahoo! will be adding Twitter and Facebook updates to their rank calculators. In light of this, it may be worth it just to get the SEO boost from FB and Twitter. What do you guys think?

samklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:11 PM   #43
zmonique2007
VIP Contributor

In social networking, it is important that you share helpful insights and knowledge. This way, your networks will learn a lot from you and in return provide you great answers if ever you also have something to ask in the future. They can also be you good supporters in your business.

zmonique2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:49 PM   #44
victorvera

Smile

I usually use my social network site for the 2 reasons (in random order0

1. Update them if there are any upcoming promos or product launch
2. Interact with them and to know my market personally

I also (as much as possible) try to moderate or set a schedule date when will I send them an update. Although they are already in my network I still avoid to blast their news feed with my brand promos, just to avoid turning them off.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 12:22 PM   #45
Jenn Korell

Send a message via Skype™ to Jenn Korell

This is what we typically tell our clients who are interested in using social media: social media isn't a magic formula for success -- if you treat social media tools like "black boxes" that will create success, additional customers, etc.. just by existing -- you'll be sorely disappointed.

That being said -- social media marketing can be incredibly powerful. The trick is:
1.) Defining your goal -- what do you want social media to do for you? Increase your site traffic? Increase product awareness? Promote events, discounts, contests?
2.) Identify the right tools. Facebook is great for reaching some goals, twitter is okay for others.
3.) Create benchmarks and analyze your results. If you've determined what you want to accomplish -- finding a way to determine if you've accomplished it is just as important. Metrics for social media marketing will be unique and may even be something like "increased the % of positive mentions of our business on social networking sites."

I hope this was helpful -- I think sometimes when you are really involved in a particular subject you can lose the capability to explain and discuss it in a clear way!

I do think social media can be powerful --especially unique tools like Facebook advertising.... but you have to be smart about it! Use your resources wisely :-)

Jenn Korell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 02:32 AM   #46
gomziwms45

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesa7 View Post
I am very interested in learning more about how to use social networking to expand business -- would others be willing to share some of your tactics?
There are many ways. First of all, there are some social networks which offer you money to do some activity on their networks. A good example of such social network is mylot. Then other way round is you can promote your website or other money earning options through social networks, drive the people to your site and earn money.

gomziwms45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 03:03 AM   #47
victorvera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Korell View Post
This is what we typically tell our clients who are interested in using social media: social media isn't a magic formula for success -- if you treat social media tools like "black boxes" that will create success, additional customers, etc.. just by existing -- you'll be sorely disappointed.

That being said -- social media marketing can be incredibly powerful. The trick is:
1.) Defining your goal -- what do you want social media to do for you? Increase your site traffic? Increase product awareness? Promote events, discounts, contests?
2.) Identify the right tools. Facebook is great for reaching some goals, twitter is okay for others.
3.) Create benchmarks and analyze your results. If you've determined what you want to accomplish -- finding a way to determine if you've accomplished it is just as important. Metrics for social media marketing will be unique and may even be something like "increased the % of positive mentions of our business on social networking sites."

I hope this was helpful -- I think sometimes when you are really involved in a particular subject you can lose the capability to explain and discuss it in a clear way!

I do think social media can be powerful --especially unique tools like Facebook advertising.... but you have to be smart about it! Use your resources wisely :-)
I agree and very well said. Use everything with moderation, we don't want to turn off the market right. :-)

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 01:54 AM   #48
jennifercooper

Twitter,facebook,hi5,linkedln,plaxo,orkut all are the social networking sites.......

jennifercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:46 AM   #49
facebookapp110

Well you can use facebook and in facebook you can create your own group or fan page. Fan page is good for creating your business profile. You can invite people to your fan page. Update it on daily basis and tell your fans about your business. It is really helpful.

facebookapp110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:22 PM   #50
will EC Suite

Social media can be very powerful. The most common over sight when "Directing traffic" is accurate information. Never mislead or "stretch the truth" about information that the visitor will find once they reach your destination. They are bound to stay longer and not say negative things about going there. Business may then have a chance to occur.

will EC Suite is offline   Reply With Quote