Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st April 2006, 03:42 AM   #1
[email protected]

Default where is problem..

Hello Friends,

Actually I have a website [see signature file for url], this site have top 10 ranking in yahoo and msn with all good keywords of mobiles like mobile shop, mobile phone shop uk,three mobile shop, and also in google to few keywords like latest lg deals, latest nokia deals, latest handset..but the traffic of this site is very very less...can anybody help me where is the main problem.

Thanks in advance

jenifer

jenifer.paul@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st April 2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Hi Jennifer,

I took a quick look at your title and meta description tags ... I would change the text in both as this is the content that usually shows up in the Search Engine results pages. If people don't like what they read there, they won't click on the link to your site. So, think of your title and description meta content as a mini advertisement which has to be persuasive without turning people off. Some ideas for you:

The title looks a bit "spammy" as you mention the word "mobile" four times which seems unnecessary. It also doesn't really make sense the way it's written. Try something a little more condensed and to the point.

The description meta content looks spammy as well. State the benefits right off the bat without listing off seemingly random phrases and keywords. The word "buy" is the first word used here which which could be a turn off as well.

Hope this helps but keep asking questions if you need to ...
Karri

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 12:30 PM   #3
friese

Send a message via Skype™ to friese

IMHO, there's too much on the front page. If I was looking to buy a phone, I would be overwhelmed by the amount of initial information. You have 12 phones listed, I would try putting your 3 or 4 top selling phones. I would test that and see if that increases your sales.

Old 22nd April 2006, 10:39 AM   #4
copywriter

Well, Jenifer is saying she isn't getting traffic. The amount of information on the home page wouldn't have anything to do with how much traffic clicked to her site from the SERPs.

I agree with Karri about the tags, but I also did a quick WordTracker search and found that the keyphrases you've mentioned have very low search volumes. They just aren't highly searched on terms so you will naturally get lower amounts of traffic from them.

You can create a strategy based on the Long Tail (targeting hundreds of small volume keyphrases instead of targeting a few high volume phrases). Or you can change your key terms to some that bring in more traffic. But that's going to mean starting all over again, pretty much.

Old 28th April 2006, 01:23 PM   #5
Matt McGee

I agree with Karri on this.

You're in an industry that's rife with what I would call suspicious companies. I don't know if it's this way in the UK, but here in the States it seems you can't walk two blocks without someone wanting to sell you the "hot" new mobile phone with all the gizmos, etc. To me, your TITLE element kinda lumps you in with that kind of business and I wouldn't be inclined to click on your listing if I saw it in the SERPs.

So I might aim for something a little more professional, less "spammy", to borrow Karri's word.