Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th October 2009, 05:22 PM   #1
alreadythere

Default Need Sales Advice

I want to market my business (town car service) to local charities. I have a list of charities to talk with and now I'm wondering what the best method of contact is. Email? Phone? In person? Which is best and how/where can I get some advice on developing a sales strategy?
Many Thanks

alreadythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Dave Yoakum

Use one strategy to lead to the next.

Use the phone to find the right contact person. Then call them to set up the on-site meeting. At the meeting don't look for how they can help your business. Focus your attention on what is in it for them.

Last edited by Dave Yoakum; 15th October 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Dave Yoakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 10:42 PM   #3
radiogirl
VIP Contributor

Send a message via MSN to radiogirl Send a message via Yahoo to radiogirl Send a message via Skype™ to radiogirl

Before you pick up the phone or head out to meet with prospective clients, it can be a great idea to map out how your service solves their problems...and if you can work out how this will help them either save resources or raise funds, you'll be well on your way to selling your service.

Whatever method brings you the best results and value. How do non-profit decision makers want to receive your message and when are they most receptive to it? That will determine what you want to concentrate on.

In nearly every industry, going out one on one is effective, but labour intensive and time constrained.

Developing an online lead generation system should be a part of the plan...and being who I am I'd advise publicity seeking (considering you are looking to reach non-profits...it really is more just than a pet suggestion) -

It would be really easy to work this into a customer loyalty campaign too...

Anyway, just think of what you have to offer and then dress it up to appeal to the audience.

Old 16th October 2009, 03:19 AM   #4
zmonique2007
VIP Contributor

Use the phone in arranging or setting appointments. But, it is still best if you discuss your business proposal in person. You can further explain your services and your clients will clearly understand you when marketing them personally.
Remember, your business is YOU.

zmonique2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 04:14 PM   #5
alreadythere

Thanks all. I'm sure I'll be asking for help again soon

alreadythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Nathan keane

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreadythere View Post
I want to market my business (town car service) to local charities. I have a list of charities to talk with and now I'm wondering what the best method of contact is. Email? Phone? In person? Which is best and how/where can I get some advice on developing a sales strategy?
Many Thanks

Hi,

You can contact them over phone so that explain about your business service and also try gather their requirements and understand them. Convince them that you will provide the service at cost effective and reliable manner.

Nathan keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
hephep

In my opinion, one on one would be the best option. It shows your sincerity and that you are serious on what you are talking about.

hephep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 07:17 PM   #8
Veles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonique2007 View Post
Use the phone in arranging or setting appointments. But, it is still best if you discuss your business proposal in person. You can further explain your services and your clients will clearly understand you when marketing them personally.
Remember, your business is YOU.
Yes i think personal meeting more effective than telephone calls or e-mail. Personaly you can tell more about own propotion and this best way to know about client needs. During real contact you can know smth new about clients and better promote own business

Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 12:28 AM   #9
steveseoexpert

Hello

You can contact them on phone so that you can easily introduce yourself and also know to whom you are talking...Its hows your sincerity and also promote you business..

Thanks

steveseoexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 03:09 PM   #10
therawdata

Send a message via AIM to therawdata Send a message via Skype™ to therawdata

Default Charity?

Why would you target a charity for a town car service? Why are you drilling your business down to that and that alone?

therawdata is offline   Reply With Quote