Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Hardware
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd December 2011, 12:57 PM   #1
tofayel521

Default Increse Battery Life

Hi,
I have a laptop which configuration is Asus G73JH, Intel Core i7-720QM processor, 17.3" screen but their was a problem regarding charged and
discharged within very short time. I have changed my battery but that problem has arisen again.I just would like to know how can I increase my battery life?

Thanks,

tofayel521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th December 2011, 06:48 PM   #2
James Tallett

Hi tofayel521,

From my experience and cost.

From a new battery, fully charge and then run it flat fo about 3 complete cycles.

Then on. don't just leave it plugged in, but regularly run on batteries until flat, even when sitting on your desk.

It is not always convenient but was given as a tip to me and have found that it works.

James

Old 5th December 2011, 03:29 AM   #3
revenue4u

Send a message via Skype™ to revenue4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofayel521 View Post
Hi,
I have a laptop which configuration is Asus G73JH, Intel Core i7-720QM processor, 17.3" screen but their was a problem regarding charged and
discharged within very short time. I have changed my battery but that problem has arisen again.I just would like to know how can I increase my battery life?

Thanks,
Exercise the Battery. Do not leave a charged battery dormant for long periods of time. Once charged, you should use the battery at least once every two to three weeks. Also, do not let a Li-On battery completely discharge. (Discharing is only for older batteries with memory effects)

revenue4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 07:10 AM   #4
goodman

Depending on the battery cells, 6 cells or 9 cells. 9 cells hold longer discharge time than the 6 cells. I usually have my laptop plugged into ac outlet on the time except when I am out. You might want to update your BIOS as well.

Old 21st December 2011, 01:56 AM   #5
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

I have three laptops and can say for sure that batteries are made exactly for fast recharging. The best variant is to have a constant charging from the net. Sure there are a lot of special gadgets for cooling and counter-recharging stuff, but they are all useless. So laptop batteries recharge all the time and it's a fact.

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 07:49 AM   #6
SanWay
VIP Contributor

i agree that a good way to increase the battery's life is charging it only after full discharge, and batteries dont like cold and hot.

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 03:17 AM   #7
poqa123

Don't charge the battery even after the battery is fully charged , which makes the liquid in it to get dry soon.

poqa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 05:43 AM   #8
nancy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofayel521 View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
To increase the battery's life charge the battery for 12 hrs before using it first time and always let the charge go completely flat or unless you don't get warning to charge it irrespective of li-on, NiCd or Li-ion polymer. One more factor is to maintain the tempreature of your lappy to around or max of 42 degree.

nancy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 01:30 PM   #9
luvinlyf

Default follow their advice here

I have always been advised to only charge it when the battery has been fully discharged.

I didn't do this with my previous laptops and just kept it charged all the time.
(I rarely removed it from my desk2. It resulted to me replacing batteries surpassed 2x before i bought a new laptop.

Now, I have been careful and just only charged it when battery life has all been exhausted. So far, my battery is still doing well. ( surpassed the number of months it took me to replace the others ) ..

luvinlyf is offline   Reply With Quote