Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Hardware
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th February 2011, 09:24 AM   #11
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

Using a webcam for your business can be extremely beneficial for you. You can use it for business conferences and save your business a great deal of money on travel expenses. It can also be a great way to conduct meetings between employees, especially if your employees are not all located in the same office.

Gary Barzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th February 2011, 01:43 AM   #12
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

Web cams are like the best friends for me and I can not imagine my work and life without it. Online video sets, talking and so on would be senseless without it.

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 08:37 PM   #13
Jackrabbit.com

Gary brought up some very good points about using webcams for business. When this thread started, the options for webcams were fairly limited, but that's all changed. Almost every new business laptop or all-in-one desktop (and some LCD montiors) has an integrated webcam. And tools such as Skype and Microsoft's Lync give businesses many options.

Alex @ Jackrabbit.com

Jackrabbit.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 10:09 AM   #14
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

I'm surprised no one mentioned YouTube Marketing. I had an older Microsoft LifeCam 3000, but when I had the opportunity to get an upgraded model 5000 for free the other day, I jumped on it. The difference amazed me, so much clearer with automatic focus and much less demanding for lighting requirements. I sit in front of it and talk, so the follow features are not a priority, I have an HD Flip cam if I need that. It does have special effects, but I have never tried them.

I just started introducing my video with the webcam, then transitioning to my desktop and back to the webcam to summarize and say goodbye. I think the effect is much more personal that way. I have had amazing success with YouTube and now it's so simple to shoot a video with my webcam it should be even better.

Old 26th July 2011, 04:08 PM   #15
jeff.belde

In most cases the "full-power" of a webcam is limited by the Internet Connection, or the communication software used, so make sure these are efficient too.
About webcams, i prefer ones enhanced for low light chatting, because i really hate the noisy pixels.

jeff.belde is offline   Reply With Quote