Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th June 2008, 09:15 PM   #1
randykirk

Default New Website. Requesting Critiques

I just put up a new site over the weekend. Wonder if I could get some advice on the look and feel. Oh. Does it sell?

Site is in signature.

randykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st July 2008, 03:33 PM   #2
HostRail.com

Just looked at the site...

If you are just putting this up for informational purposes, it is sufficient. If you are trying to attract customers and advertise your services, you should redesign the site. It looks like you threw it together over the weekend. I'm assuming you want to impress upon your customers that you will take their marketing seriously, if so you should take your own marketing and website impression seriously. If this web designing isn't your specialty, you should look into hiring a web designer. From what I can tell, your site information is all there and a site redesign won't cost you a fortune.

Good luck,

HostRail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 06:37 PM   #3
randykirk

I hear your general statement, but like what do you think it needs to do to sell better? I know a lot of the guru's are into this lots of go-to-war headlines and quotes and such. Suck folks along with promises, etc. Is that what you suggest or something else?

randykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:06 PM   #4
snyderkv

Yeah Im with Host it looks too amature like anybody could have posted it infact it would be too hard to trust it's authenticity.

Maybe instead of putting your face or whoever that is put a hot chick with a headphone set looking ready to take a call haha.

I don't know anything about biz so my opinion may not be too credible this is just my first impression after looking at the site. I would rather google "marketing consultant" and look at those more comercial expensive looking sites.

Old 25th July 2008, 07:09 PM   #5
HostRail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by randykirk View Post
I hear your general statement, but like what do you think it needs to do to sell better? I know a lot of the guru's are into this lots of go-to-war headlines and quotes and such. Suck folks along with promises, etc. Is that what you suggest or something else?
To sell better, your site needs to flow better. There is too much information on the page in a disorganized manner. This just gives viewers a very good excuse to leave and find something that is easier to digest. It also has the look and feel of a word document with colors and pictures. It does not look like someone put alot of time into it (even though that might not be the case).

here are some articles that you might find helpful. Guide to going online

Let me know if I can help,

HostRail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 11:42 PM   #6
H2008

It looks unprofessional and like it's made up of pieces that do not fit together. Look at other sites that are related to your business to get ideas for a new design

H2008 is offline   Reply With Quote