Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2010, 03:08 PM   #1
SmallBusiness1

Arrow Small Businesses : Is Your Social Media Profile Collecting Dust?

Did you know Facebook has surged past Yahoo as the number two most popular site in the U.S., drawing nearly 134 Million Unique Visitors in January, 2010? Facebook also topped Google in traffic one week in March 2010. Yes, the social media site has become one of the most popular websites on the Internet. If your not on Facebook then you are not where the action is. Many Small Businesses have made the step to...

read more here.. http://www.smallbusinessloanblog.com...ial-media.html

SmallBusiness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th June 2010, 03:22 PM   #2
phanio
VIP Contributor

My problem with Facebook and Twitter is that the return to my business from the efforts I have to put in on those sites are not really worth my time - not enough return - I could spent that time elsewhere and do better for my business.

But, I keep trying but not with as much gusto that I did when i first set up my accounts.

Old 4th June 2010, 05:14 PM   #3
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

I like the title of your post. Very appropriate. You do need to establish a social media profile; but you have to spend time maintaining it and keeping it up-to-date. Social media is all about interacting on a frequent basis. If the profile is collecting dust you might as well just take it down.

Another view on social media is keeping an eye out on those sites to see how your customers are portraying you there. Ignoring that can cost you dearly. I wrote a blog post few days ago on how one business lost half its sales because of the Facebook page set up by a college student. You can find the post here - http://www.angelbusinessadvisors.com...edia-strategy/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 12:51 PM   #4
emarket

Send a message via Yahoo to emarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanio View Post
My problem with Facebook and Twitter is that the return to my business from the efforts I have to put in on those sites are not really worth my time - not enough return - I could spent that time elsewhere and do better for my business.

But, I keep trying but not with as much gusto that I did when i first set up my accounts.
How do you facebook and tweet? What social media marketing strategies do you use? What additional plug-ins have you installed? Its best to have a fully customized social marketing site for a business as opposed to the ordinary set-up that family and friends use.

emarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 02:14 PM   #5
SmallBusiness1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanio View Post

What type of content are you putting out? Are helping you followers or trying to get traffic?

SmallBusiness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 02:28 AM   #6
replicawatch

Default good article

actually you are not complete right! I think it depends. Although the facebook is used by most people, if you do not run it by heart, then you will receive nothing, and i had added the marketplace in the facebook, which brought me a customer! So cool!

replicawatch is offline   Reply With Quote