Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th June 2010, 02:56 PM   #11
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

I use fatcow.com but have they have been pretty good, but every so often they have an issue with databases ie. my wordpress site goes down occasionally...so I'm not linking to them or promoting them, for a site without a database they are superb though, no problems there. I hate godaddy though they nickle and dime the crap out of you.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th July 2010, 04:39 PM   #12
WebWizard

Liquid Web & Sharkspace have always best great for non-dedicated hosting!

WebWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 10:26 AM   #13
footprintsmusic

I use Hostpapa.ca but they're not very good. Support is awful and when I brought to their attention a security issue they didn't seem to really care nor know how to fix it.

My site also got attacked and they did nothing to help. I signed up for 2 years with them and thought support would be way better. 24 hour support means leave a message and they'll get back to you, by email 8 hours later.

footprintsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 02:33 PM   #14
davidbkeegan

Default GoDaddy

I use GoDaddy. Their support is amazing. Anytime I've had a problem I could get someone on the phone in a few minutes. It also seems like they have everything.

The only downside is they always try to upsell you on stuff you probably don't need.

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 07:50 AM   #15
Henry_Jakson

Default Your Web Hosting Provider?

Hi, Everyone I am new for this forum.

Henry_Jakson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 02:36 PM   #16
sequoia payroll

go daddy will rob you blind, someone has to pay for all the advertising overhead. I have numerous clients who have used it, and they pay way too much. I use hostmonster.com They have outstanding customer support, the price is right, and I have never had a problem with downtime on my site.

UNLIMITED Hosting Space
UNLIMITED Site Bandwidth
Host UNLIMITED Domains
Unlimited Pop/Imap Email Accounts
SSH Access (Secure Shell)
SSL, FTP, Stats
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MYSQL
Front Page Extensions
Free Domain Forever
Free Site Builder
Best Support in the Industry

All this for 6 bucks per month...
I am not affiliated with them, just a very happy customer.

Old 20th July 2010, 02:52 PM   #17
WebWizard

Also www.rack0.com is a good company.

I use them myself for my business domain, they are a seller of Liquid Web Servers so that makes me happy since im local to LW datacenter lol.

& in regards to the post above, theres no such thing as unlimited storeage & bandwidth, since harddrives are all limited to a certain space, and bandwidth is always limited to the line, you see alot of companies make such false claims so know exactly what your website needs if its alot of resources before you buy.

and hostmonster.com is a good host, i have afew clients with them, but if your a huge business with a network or alot of traffic, unlimited claims may not always be there when you need them :x

Last edited by WebWizard; 20th July 2010 at 02:56 PM.
WebWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 04:12 PM   #18
Lex87

I use a Canadian company called Baremetal

They have lots of US customers like myself that don't want our sites hosted on US soil and appreciate Canadian laws.

Plus they are cheaper, and more reliable than any of the US providers we've tried and use (we're slowly migrating from a distribution of hosts to a more centralized setup).

The only burn I have against them is that they are razor smart and cocky. You'll never catch them taking credit for your mistake or wasting time trying to make you feel "not so dumb".

(I kinda like the honesty and cocky is great when they are backing it up with service)

Lex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 02:54 PM   #19
Four94

We use DiscountAsp.

They are very reliable and cost effective.
I like them because they allow for software developers the freedom to do certain things that other hosting providers might not offer.

If you chose them as your hosting provider.
A developer will be able to do a lot more for your site.

Thanks,
Mark Richardson
Starting a business

Last edited by Four94; 6th August 2010 at 05:48 PM.
Four94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 05:26 PM   #20
Rick41

I recommend HostGator. I've had all of my sites with them for 3 years now and have never had a problem with any of my sites.

I do have a reseller server with them though.

Before that, I tried at least a dozen other hosts and HG is the only one I've never had any problems with.

Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote