Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th February 2014, 09:18 AM   #1
lopeznieto24

Talking Sell My Website For $100,000

Hi

I am the owner of a blog (gossip, celebrity, etc) and I am making around $45,000 / year (Google Adsense). I am very happy as it is an automatic income.

Last week I got an Email from a M&A company (BizBroker24 com) and they want to buy my site for $100,000

I am not sure this is the right price, do you think I should expect more?

thank you for the help!
Lopez

lopeznieto24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th February 2014, 09:40 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

You might wish to refer to this thread, in which we discuss various concerns and tools to assist in valuing a business.

Of course, you'll want to have an attorney look everything over before you sign anything.

Good luck!

--Torka

Old 7th February 2014, 06:37 AM   #3
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Exclamation

Valuing a business is great thing. However, you may also need to consider some basic things like:

Do you really the money now?
Are you comfortable with the lumpsum payout or would you rather rake in your $45k every year (3 years is $135k, 4 years-$180k) but I'm sure you've done the math already.
Are you prepared to part ways with a baby you've painstakingly raised through the years?

Take your time, because once you cash in, it's gone! Personally, I wouldn't even consider the $100k, assuming the blog really does bring in that kind of money.

Old 7th February 2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Book In Essence

I'm with BeBizSmart on this one... That $45,000/year is golden. But I think it also depends on how guaranteed that amount is to last.

Always do thorough cost analyses with these kinds of situations because once you make a decision, there's no going back.

Old 16th February 2014, 11:05 PM   #5
Robert Green

No, I don't think you should go selling your blog for that much price. If I were you I would never sell it. Can I see the link of your blog?

Robert Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Sean_DeSilva

Receiving a valuation over two times yearly earnings is very high for a website. most websites sell between six months to 18 months monthly earnings unless they are a big brand or are being bought for a specific strategic purpose.

I'm telling you this because the company that made the offer most likely made it contingent upon review of your books. I'm guessing they will start asking for discounts at that point as well.

Sean_DeSilva is offline   Reply With Quote