Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th January 2011, 05:34 PM   #31
jsingerston

By using SEO you are drawing the traffic to you. If you insist on not using SEO then you are going to have to push the traffic from where it is already at. That means figuring out where your targeted audience is. Then going there to establish some kind of communication with them. Show them the right offer and convince them to go to your site.

You can use article marketing to do this.

You can also use any form of social media including -
1) Blog commenting
2) Forum commenting
3) Guest blogging
4) Facebook friends & networks
5) Linkdin friends and networks
6) Twitter followers
7) Any other social media sites where you might belong.

Find out where your target audience is. Then go mingle with them. Make friends first. Then show them what you have to offer.

jsingerston is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th January 2011, 07:01 PM   #32
lyfbond

when you promote your website in internet it is part of SEO actually. Though you can do it without a need of hiring an SEO firm to do it for you. All you have to do is to do some research in how to rank your website in top search engines... blogging, forum posting, article submissions are one of the key tool of promoting... good luck!

lyfbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 07:06 AM   #33
alexandrabrian

Well there are many promotional activities that help to promote your site on search engine.Use social media marketing to promote your site,because SMO is very popular in this year 2011,so more productive results you can generate from SMO.i.e Linkedin,Facebook,twitter etc.

alexandrabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 03:46 AM   #34
sneha123

I think,Doing this many times over, will help you pull traffic from the search engines.use wordpress.org to create a self-hosted site and offer amazing value and optimize it for SEO and promote with social media and create relationships with it............

sneha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 02:28 AM   #35
fudiloveties

forum posting
directory submission

fudiloveties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 06:02 AM   #36
John williams

Thanks for yours SEO Techniques...

John williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 12:40 AM   #37
jhardy2008

Try to use Forums. Search niche forums according to your website keywords. And participating on them and promote your website indirectly.

jhardy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 05:08 PM   #38
davidtampien

Send a message via Skype™ to davidtampien
Default without SEO

Ernie, I wonder if you are reluctant to use SEO because it seems too complicated for you. I'm only guessing at that because I used to be in that boat. I still have a lot to learn, but once you understand keywords and the importance of relevant content you are already off to a good start.

If that's not the reason just disregard what I have said. But if it is the reason just spend some time around the forums, this one and Warrior Forum, ask questions and read the threads. You will find a wealth of information from very competent marketers.

David Tampien
Moses Lake, WA

davidtampien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 09:54 PM   #39
kayetaylor

DeniseTaylor is right! Same here I am using the unique/quality articles techniques.

kayetaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 10:24 PM   #40
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Default I have been doing this for 3 weeks

How long does it take for all my work to show up on google searches
I an amateur have linked directories and done hyper text links for 3 weeks

I do income taxes in a town of 15K. This is my market. I am the only one in town with a website. My competition only have directory listing

Chris
Owner Cel Financial Services CTEC Tax Preparer
Registered Bonded California

chrismarklee is offline   Reply With Quote