Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th June 2010, 03:28 AM   #1
emarket

Send a message via Yahoo to emarket
Default E Business Start Ups

Hello,
How do you develop a successful e commerce business that can compete with the likes of e bay?

emarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th June 2010, 03:30 PM   #2
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Wow! That's a great question, but I would suggest that you check into an article found in a newspaper on Nov 3rd, 2009! It featured the history of free credit report (the one seen on CNN advertisements) website and what they did to get started. However, sorry, I cannot remember which newspaper it was found in.

But, try this article (about start-ups): http://winning-closes.blogspot.com/2...-business.html

Old 17th December 2012, 10:39 AM   #3
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

1) Do Not Ignore Client Service: If you selling online on the Web, you're likely to do a lot of company with individuals you'll never fulfill. As too many e-commerce customers have found, this deficiency of personal contact can often convert into cold and discouraging customer support.
2) Include Your Web Website With Your Conventional Business: A lot of small-business individuals ignore to bring up their Website in their traditional make promotion, media announcements, and other company records. Make better use of these possibilities by such as your Website domain url (URL) on every business-related papers you create
3) Understand Promotion Needs: The Web is excitedly pushing with new customers and new suppliers coming online weekly. Getting your concept out over the digital din won't be easy, and you should get ready in enhance for a difficult marketing task.
To know more about e-commerce you can go to : http://www.izzonet.com

Old 7th January 2013, 03:19 AM   #4
jasminelane

You need to offer rich and engaging content as part of your e-commerce operation.Content should be in a precisely manner.

jasminelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2013, 04:19 AM   #5
ThomasT

Send a message via Skype™ to ThomasT
Default Find your niche

Hi,

The "easy way" to succeed with an ecommerce business today is to investigate some of the large ones out there, see what kind of bestselling products circulating, just search for what is a great category...see what kind of competition.. if any done it or not..

Make your ecommerce about offer the best selection for that category..make it the best in that small niche.

it is all about finding that new niches out there these days and be the best in it... i would never tried to copy any large ones..they are allready there. be the new is always the best and easiest way to make it big:-)

But it is crowded out there, so you have to investigate alot and go with your gut feeling about the product(s)

Well that is my expirience and i have done it and became the largest in my field in my country. Then sold it and regret on it later:-)

ThomasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 07:04 AM   #6
jamest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarket View Post
Hello,
How do you develop a successful e commerce business that can compete with the likes of e bay?
Ow wow.. really??

I guess one way, is to focus on a niche instead of covering everything under the sun. For example, "furniture auctions" or "auctions in Atlanta", etc ,etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.