Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th February 2013, 03:35 PM   #1
patti2013

Default Marketing Ideas

A friend of mine asked that I might help him generate new business. He is a chiropractor. I am new to this so the only thing that comes to mind is going to the local supermarket and putting flyers on cars. Surely there must be a more creative way to get his name out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

patti2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st March 2013, 06:28 AM   #2
jasminelane

1-Create a calendar for customers with your shop's name and address on it.

2. Print the products you sell or services offered on the back of your business cards.

3. Always carry business cards with you. Give them freely and ask permission to leave them in places your target market may visit.

jasminelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Pooper-Scooper

Does your friend have a marketing budget? I can think of some ideas that cost money, like signs on bus benches that say in huge letters "Back Pain?" and have his name very clear and easy to read.

Thinking of that, about having his name easy to read, the idea is that under the large "Back Pain?" headline should be an easy to remember contact method. So it might be a lot easier to remember a great domain name than a phone number or doctor's name or address. So the next question would be, does your friend have a great domain name, one that's easy to remember and easy to spell and that people would associate with the benefits of going to a chiropractor?

How about a listing in craigslist? Seems like the kind of thing craigslist was made for.

On the more work, less money side... I could imagine a chiropractor working up a nice little demonstration/lecture kind of presentation on how sitting with good posture and so on can decrease the risk of pains, and going to senior centers or places like that and presenting this little talk and demonstration for free, which would be helpful to people, and would help establish his expertise and credibility, and also be an opportunity for him to get publicity.

He could also do news releases related to current or seasonal issues that involve his area of expertise. It's a little late right now for snow issues, maybe, but as an example, he could issue a press release with tips for how to avoid injury while shoveling snow. Since Spring is coming the same sort of article about how to properly dig and bend and lift when doing spring cleaning or preparing a garden could be opportunities for news releases. With that in mind, the different angles on that idea, that is, spring cleaning versus gardening, could be targeted to different publications or local news segments.

He could go to businesses with lots of employees who sit all day and offer a short session in how to sit and move when using the computer for hours at a time.

How about some attractive, easy-to-read signage on his vehicle? That could be a low-cost "rolling billboard." I used to get quite a bit of my business for pooper-scooper service from people who saw my truck. I would sometimes spot them writing down my phone number at stop lights.

Post cards on bulletin boards wouldn't hurt... maybe at grocery stores (do they still have bulletin boards?) and home-improvement stores? I know I've seen bulletin boards at coffee shops and diners.

Write a nice sales letter and send it in regular first class mail to local labor-intensive services such as landscapers and contractors? Maybe use that as an introduction, maybe offer a first-time friendly neighbor discount or special offer?

A flyer in the local ads-in-a-bag that they hang on doors?

A lot depends on how much money he has to spend for ads. With money he could sponsor ads on local radio shows about home repair or gardening, things like that. Without money he could still do the PR news releases, community presentations, and other creative ideas.

Pooper-Scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 09:59 PM   #4
patti2013

Default Pooper Scooper

Thank you so much for your reply. I am appreciative for the time you spent. Your insight is enlightening. I will pass it along happily.
Patti

patti2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 01:17 AM   #5
satyamuber

Send a message via Skype™ to satyamuber

Find one or multiple partners and launch a business. Update your social media influencer list before the end of the year.

satyamuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 04:16 PM   #6
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti2013 View Post
A friend of mine asked that I might help him generate new business. He is a chiropractor. I am new to this so the only thing that comes to mind is going to the local supermarket and putting flyers on cars. Surely there must be a more creative way to get his name out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Start a Facebook page and ask your customers to like it and write something positive about you. Then their friends will see it and learn about your friend's business.

Old 15th March 2013, 03:17 PM   #7
voyska

Offers! Promote a free service or a discount. Maybe a free 10 minute massage. They must schedule the appointment, come to you, only be eligible once. It gets people in the door and you have 10 minutes to talk to them about your service. Besides that, 10 minutes is not nearly a long enough massage. You can up sell to continue if your schedule allows. Create a simple flyer, post it on websites like FB, Twitter, G+, Craigslist, CiteAds, Ebay Classifieds, Oodle. Lets bounce some ideas around.

voyska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 12:15 PM   #8
hostking

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti2013 View Post
Don't EVER put flyers on cars. The liability issues are huge! If you were to accidentally damage a car (like the windshield wiper) when placing flyers, you could have a few annoying suits on your hands.

Old 29th March 2013, 03:07 AM   #9
jamest1

I guess you could try the following:

- partner up with doctors - for example I knew my chiropractor from my doctor. I had a constant back pains and the GP recommend me to her.

- join local business groups and network

- In your office or get your friends from work to put up flyers in their offices. Workers usually deal with OH&S issues and a chiropractor would be very handy.

- online advertising like adwords and facebook

Hope this helps.

jamest1 is offline   Reply With Quote