Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2015, 08:18 AM   #31
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukenlee View Post
you posted on 11th march. but i found the link of original post not opening. Is it opening for you.
No, link doesn't work when I try to open it. I just shared my thoughts on link building.

Old 23rd December 2015, 04:11 AM   #32
SaraMartine

Here are few suggestions ...

1. Avoid links from low authority domains.
2. Avoid links from relevant sites.
3. Create links from those sites which are relevant to the website content.

SaraMartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 04:29 AM   #33
SaraMartine

The google already changed their link building strategy. Now Google gives more importance to quality rather than quantity.

Few suggestions for link building in 2016:
1. Avoid links from low authority and relevant domains
2. Avoid too many links from the same domain.
3. Never create links which are irrelevant to the content of your website.

SaraMartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 04:45 AM   #34
carolinnah

Follow the most reliable and effective tactics like blog posting, article submission, directory sharing, blog commenting, social media sharing in relevant to your platform

carolinnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 04:22 AM   #35
Chris360

I still love infographics. Since its other people who link to infographics, these links are almost always safe. In addition, you control most of the anchor text. When you publish an infographic, you should always include an HTML embed code that people can copy and paste on their websites.

Chris360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 02:17 AM   #36
ViktoriaGrets

I also like infographics. Furthermore fun to create their own blogs. They can embed links to your site. Certainly I not recommend comments on blogs because they are no-follow links.

ViktoriaGrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 01:18 AM   #37
daveMac

Talking Forum post/blog

On one of the forex forums I have been posting in the forum and also writing a blog that seems to be generating some links.

So far, just three articles in the blog, I think the blog page itself will start to get some 'juice' for my site.

I am not all that familiar with SEO so I can not say too much about the results...

Old 26th January 2016, 08:37 AM   #38
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I have not much done much backlinking myself but know the terms and why it helps etc etc, I have also found that if you write compelling content, have a nice clean and responsive website you gain some nice tidy backlinks naturally, it is a dangerous area these days with bad neighbourhoods becoming an issue for some websites which went off on a tangent years ago and gained hundreds of low quality backlinks without a care in the world....I have never done any of that myself, although we did do well back in the day with ezines but we have also removed all that as well!

Good keywords are a great place to start and attract the attention, I find this works well for me and I do enjoy blogging but I find many spammers come and tell me about their new Russian wife or want me to buy something totally irrelevant, I have to say it still surprises me that people are still using old tricks for getting sales by spamming forums and blogs - does this seriously still work and get past many webmaster?

Nutty

Old 26th January 2016, 03:23 PM   #39
daveMac

I have been backlinking a little by writing a blog on a forum. The blog has articles of about 300 words and is instructional.

It allows me to say what I want in my own manner and also teaches some things to new people in my business.

I don't think my writing skills are developed enough to be a guest blogger on some of the well regarded sites, what I am doing is allowing me to get some links and also contribute content to a forum, sorta win win.

I know a couple well regarded bloggers who do no backlinking whatsoever and have great page rank..... their visits arise from their mailing list.

They have great content on their pages. sharing and instructions.

Actually, I am finding it more rewarding to write sharing posts and there is so much to share. hopefully I soon start to put it into form that will deserve the links...

Looking for backlinks is tedious and not really rewarding for me.

Old 8th February 2016, 05:36 AM   #40
BenDorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBizsmart View Post
Article:

Anyone who has ever tried to market a website will acknowledge how challenging it can be to obtain quality links for their website. Long gone are the days you would see results after building dozens of links through social bookmarking sites, directory submissions and other low quality sites with little editorial standard.

However, this is not to say itís a tasking endeavour to build credible backlinks. Some like guest blogging have become irrelevant and are long dead as recently announced by Google webspam czar Matt Cutts. So, what credible techniques can you employ this 2014? Here are 5 ways, and you can also add ones that are working for you.
Blog posts didn`t die completely. Still they can bring a lot of use if you will post on them in specific proportions with other types of links. Generally, Just look how much link and the variety of website types are there in your back link profile. It's the main thing. so totally try to make them various. Both with official pages, on profiles, on subpages, blogs, websites ETC.

BenDorio is offline   Reply With Quote