Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th June 2008, 02:01 PM   #1
googaagoo.co.uk

Default Best Shopping Cart To Use?

Hi and currently we're using paypal, have been told about actinet and apparently it comes highly recommended BUT it's 455 to buy and before i spend out i would like some other opinions

googaagoo.co.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th June 2008, 03:43 PM   #2
pete
VIP Contributor

CubeCart is free, as is OSCommerce and ZenCart. Just pay for the hosting.

CubeCart is by far the easiest to get strarted with, I have a number of clients who are up and selling within a day or so of signing up.

pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 11:44 AM   #3
HostRail.com

I recommend OScommerce or ZenCart. You should also look into an SSL certificate if you don't already have it. I have many clients who sign up with merchant accounts as well.

HostRail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Narhir

Send a message via ICQ to Narhir Send a message via MSN to Narhir Send a message via Yahoo to Narhir Send a message via Skype™ to Narhir

I writed here that I will sugest Magento or OsCommerce and my msg disapeard ? why?

Narhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 01:37 AM   #5
mobiHolly

Have you looked at something like 1shoppingcart? I recall they were a bit pricey for digital downloads the last time I looked, but it includes autoresponders. I have not used that personally.

mobiHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 08:46 AM   #6
pageBuzz

Default shopping cart

My hosting platform has an integrated shopping cart that holds up to 2500 items, extensive options and it even has an affiliate program. Its not free, but it does include hosting for only $10 a month. It is also fully integrated into authorizenet and paypal, so you can use your paypal account to collect funds.

The best part about what I offer is that it is easy to use and it is fully supported. If you use os commerce and you need to install modules, you are on your own.

I am sure the big guys like yahoo, godaddy and such have carts with support, but they are very pricey as you increase items and yahoo charges a percentage of sales.

Which ever you choose, read all the details first. You might be taking on a pertner or be stuck with a cart you can't get help with.

pageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 08:30 AM   #7
chesa7

I built my business using OsCommerce and while I am generally pleased wiht it (link below if you'd like to take a look), it definitley has its limitations. Making adaptations is difficult -- while you can search forums and previously created add on modules, there is no support and you are often not quite sure what you are getting. I still have several problems (limitations realy) that I am trying to correct unsuccessfully to date. Does anyone know of a firm that specilizes in development of OsCommerce platform?

Laura

chesa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 06:02 PM   #8
steferner

Send a message via AIM to steferner

If you're selling tangible items you could also go with fatfreecart.com which is a free service and allows you to accept payments through PayPal and Google Checkout.

It basically gives you button code you can paste onto your site (which you have already designed), which will add a very slick looking cart.

steferner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 07:20 AM   #9
ktaylor310
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesa7 View Post
I still have several problems (limitations realy) that I am trying to correct unsuccessfully to date. Does anyone know of a firm that specilizes in development of OsCommerce platform?

Laura

Laura, I have installed and customized osCommerce on several sites. Like you I found solutions by visiting forums, installing add-ons, and through tons of trial and error. Maybe you could start a new thread listing your "limitations" and we can try to help you.

Old 31st March 2009, 02:41 PM   #10
Sengab

Zen Cart has a very nice wide array of features based on Oscommerce but has gone its own path. You can not install contributions directly from the Oscommerce web site onto Zen Cart. Some of the nice features include product attributes managers, template system, html editor for regular web page contents, built in coupon code system, ability to select what credit cards you accept, and more....

Sengab is offline   Reply With Quote