Originally Posted by davidlt
one of my sites (the one in my signature) has missing web page info. I put my url in google and hit search and sometimes only half the info is there.
Also, when I click on "similar to" and "link to" I have no information. What can I do, and does it matter?
PS Yes i'm a newbie
As a newbie I hope you take this advice as advice and not criticism. But most of all I hope you take heed to these suggestions.
1. Be careful with your hidden text (the bright yellow writing down the bottom of your page) that says:
Commonly misspelled words:
Leese, lese, laese, opshun, opton, optoin, optin, rent to one, rend to own, financeing, renttoown,rent 2 own,rent2own, renttobuy,rent 2 buy,rent2buy, Henepin, Hennepen
2. Be careful of your keyword stuffing of all the suburbs at the bottom of the home page. I would suggest you amend this quick smart before Google picks it up as a spam attempt or someone in your industry comes along and reports it. Turn that into a few paragraphs of real contextual writing, rather than stuffing the keywords the way you have. Eg. We service the following areas in XX County/State .... suburb name, suburb name, etc.
3. Reduce your title length and optimise it for the engines. The less you have in your title, the more weight engines put on those keywords or keyword phrases. Eg. Rent to Own Houses and Lease Option Homes in Anoka will be a majopr weight for your ranking as it is the first basic term in your title when you do get indexed/ranked properly, but how many will search for that EXACT term on engines? Perhaps instead of having Rent to Own Houses and Lease Option Homes in Anoka, Chisago, Isanti, Sherburne, Andover, Ramsey, Hennepin, Henepin, hennepen, Washington, Carver, Dakota, Scott, Wright, MN as your title go for this option instead ... </title>Rent to Own : Houses : Lease Option Homes : Anoka : Pick 2 or 3 major suburbs/counties here</title> This will ensure that your phrases/keywords used in your title get more "weight"
4. Your keyword meta tag is just way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo long and you need spaces after each comma! <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="rent to own,rent to own mn,rent to own Anoka,rent to own Chisago,rent to own Sherburne,rent to own Andover,rent to own Ramsey,rent to own Hennepin,rent to own Henepin,rent to own hennepen,rent to own Washington,rent to own Carver,rent to own Dakota,rent to own Isanti,rent to own Scott,rent to own Wright,renttoown,rent 2 own,rent2own,renttobuy,rent to buy,rent2buy,lease option,lease option MN,lease option Anoka,lease option Chisago,lease option Isanti,lease option Sherburne,lease option Andover,lease option Ramsey,lease option Hennepin,lease option Henepin,lease option hennepen,lease option Washington,lease option Carver,lease option Dakota,lease option Scott,lease option Wright,lease with option,lease with option MN,lease with option Anoka,lease with option Chisago,lease with option Isanti,lease with option Sherburne,lease with option Andover,lease with option Ramsey,lease with option Hennepin,lease with option Henepin,lease with option hennepen,lease with option Washington,lease with option Carver,lease with option Dakota,lease with option Scott,lease with option Wright,lease with option to purchase,lease with option to purchase MN,lease with option to purchase Anoka,lease with option to purchase Chisago,lease with option to purchase Isanti,lease with option to purchase Sherburne,lease with option to purchase Andover,lease with option to purchase Ramsey,lease with option to purchase Hennepin,lease with option to purchase Henepin,lease with option to purchase hennepen,lease with option to purchase Washington,lease with option to purchase Carver,lease with option to purchase Dakota,lease with option to purchase Scott,lease with option to purchase Wright,lease to purchase,lease to purchase MN,lease to purchase Anoka,lease to purchase Chisago,lease to purchase Isanti,lease to purchase Sherburne,lease to purchase Andover,lease to purchase Ramsey,lease to purchase Hennepin,lease to purchase Henepin,lease to purchase hennepen,lease to purchase Washington,lease to purchase Carver,lease to purchase Dakota,lease to purchase Scott,lease to purchase Wright,lease to own,lease to own MN,lease to own Anoka,lease to own Chisago,lease to own Isanti,lease to own Sherburne,lease to own Andover,lease to own Ramsey,lease to own Hennepin,lease to own Henepin,lease to own hennepen,lease to own Washington,lease to own Carver,lease to own Dakota,lease to own Scott,lease to own Wright,lease to buy,lease to buy MN,lease to buy Anoka,lease to buy Chisago,lease to buy Isanti,lease to buy Sherburne,lease to buy Andover,lease to buy Ramsey,lease to buy Hennepin,lease to buy Henepin,lease to buy hennepen,lease to buy Washington,lease to buy Carver,lease to buy Dakota,lease to buy Scott,lease to buy Wright,contract for deed,contract for deed MN,contract for deed Anoka,contract for deed Chisao,contract for deed Isanti,contract for deed Sherburne,contract for deed Andover,contract for deed Ramsey,contract for deed Hennepin,contract for deed Henepin,contract for deed hennepen,contract for deed Washington,contract for deed Carver,contract for deed Dakota,contract for deed Scott,contract for deed Wright,purchase contract,purchase contract MN,purchase contract Anoka,purchase contract Chisago,purchase contract Isanti,purchase contract Sherburne,purchase contract Andover,purchase contract Ramsey,purchase contract Hennepin,purchase contract Henepin,purchase contract hennepen,purchase contract Washington,purchase contract Carver,purchase contract Dakota,purchase contract Scott,purchase contract Wright,leese to purchase,leese to own,leese to buy,leese option,lease to perchase,perchase contract,leese to perchase,owner financing">
Try instead to reduce this to something like: <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="rent to own, rent2own, renttoown, rent 2 own, county name x 5, state name x 5rent2own, lease with option, mortgage, a few other keywords here but don't overload it>
5. Same with your description. Reduce it.
6. SEO should not be done by stuffing keywords. Engines pick up on this and it ends up hurting you for a long long time, sometimes getting you completely banned. If you wish to span priority keywords across each page, write for humans and not for search engines. You can still write copy that includes keywords, but ensure it is written for humans to read and not the other way round. Add lots of pages of hints and tips, guides on how to watch out for rogue industry professionals, how to check for termites and rodents and other pests, how to check with local authorities or local schools for parents, etc, etc. Content is your key to both search engines and other site owners. But content written for humans to read. This will then give other site owners a reason to link to you - eg. Other industry professionals that are not in direct threat of your product you are selling (garden maintenance, house maintenance, insurance agents, etc) will link to you if you have good advice for their clients to read. And ultimately the more NATURAL links you get to your website from other site owners, the better your rankings and positioning will become (as well as lots of human click traffic that follow those links that you would perhaps never have received before).
7. Use Alt Tags on your pictures. This also helps with search engines.
Hope this helps