Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2016, 09:50 PM   #1
mcdavid

Default Help With Advertising

I will try to make this short. I own a Automobile Tire and Service Center in Northwest Florida. We have been at our location since 1961 , I am second generation owner. I have a website that I do not think is really doing much, seems like all is from Google Maps. I am thinking about letting a company take over my Facebook, Twitter,Google + etc. I have about 3500 a month in Coop money that covers my webpage now. My present bill is 200 month for website, I use the remander for Yellow Pages. My Tire Rep brought in another group that does social media managing and optimization, they are wanting to start handling/ doing my social stuff. Would it make any sense to stop my 200 month webpage and just build a generic google + page and do the Facebook Twitter and Optimization. It seems to me evrything is just changing so fast. I will maybe see 1 new customer a week and I will ask them how they found little old me, they all say google maps. I will sit back and listen. I hope this is enough info ??? Thanks in advance David

mcdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th November 2016, 02:13 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hi David, what stuck out to me is your cost of $200 per month for a website. That seems over the top, what are those costs for? If it isn't generating leads, then I'd look at reducing those costs first before eliminating the website. Welcome aboard

Old 7th November 2016, 12:59 AM   #3
theviewabudhabi

I m also curious about what that 200 bill is for? Is there any company you hire for managing your website or a freelancer but still no one charge $200 per month lol. Let us know at your earliest convenience.

theviewabudhabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 10:03 PM   #4
mcdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by theviewabudhabi View Post
I m also curious about what that 200 bill is for? Is there any company you hire for managing your website or a freelancer but still no one charge $200 per month lol. Let us know at your earliest convenience.
The way the program works is they "Michelin" have approved vendors , the vendors make it easy for shop owners because they do all the leg work for approval. It just seems to me the little stuff I do produces more calls than my website. I really think it is a bit high for actually what they are doing at this point. I think it is time for a change.

mcdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 02:58 AM   #5
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

McDavid always keep in mind that you have the right to understand what kind of service you hire from them and also its their responsibility to teach you on the process.