Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th December 2007, 11:29 PM   #1
Rajni

Question What Is SEO?

Hi,

Does anyone tell me how can I start SEO for my new website? what SEO really means? How much the SEO Companies like infoseek softare systems help me in this?

Regards
Rajni

Rajni is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:56 AM   #2
kash0341

Default Seo

SEO is Search Engine Optimization process., Where we can come up the better result in different search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN etc. Now the need is how we can do it. If you have any idea about the Tags, than you can easily do it. Tags include Title, Description and Keywords. Search the keywords having more popular and use it as the density based. Well, this is very big and deeper, so its a just bit idea.

Regards
Kashif

kash0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 01:08 AM   #3
lordspace

it is a subdivision of internet marketing/promotion...your goal is to be seen

lordspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 05:52 PM   #4
didi07

it's about optimize your site into search engines. i think it's complicated, include in this field is your content of the site, keyword ( k. prominence, k. frequency, k. density), avoid about doorway page, avoid cloaking, don't use too many keyword, registered your URL to many search engines, try to make link at many site that linked to your site. doing email campaign, etc, etc.....so SEO is the field with a good knowledge is must have , not just know about graphic design ( but this is one of important enough). etc...

didi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 07:05 PM   #5
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

Please go to the SEO category in this forum and read threads and topics which will help you. And also, please read this resources from this forum: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/so...ine_Marketing/

Old 22nd December 2007, 07:01 AM   #6
onlinedownloads

Hope this gives the basic information about SEO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization

onlinedownloads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 12:33 AM   #7
kenneth.robert

Default hi

search engine optimization is a way to optimized your site. if you want good page rank of your site then seo is very important for increase the page rank. link building is a part of seo. you can start article submission, directory submission and forum posting is very important for increase the page rank.

kenneth.robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 01:25 AM   #8
tomfrederick

according to me Search Engine Optimization is a process applied to a website to increase the traffics and using seo techniques that specifically aim towards gaining higher rank in search engine results.

tomfrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 01:09 AM   #9
Baselux

Here's a good stuff that you can read about SEO.

Baselux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:00 AM   #10
Brock

Does a link from a blog, or forums increase, or decrease your site rank the same way a link to another site does? For example this thread that I'm posting on right now has a page rank of 0 so would it hurt my site if I linked to it here? Also if I posted it with bad grammer and spelling would it be discredited?

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote