Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th July 2010, 05:00 AM   #41
goldie.sachs

In reality, there is not much difference between them.

I know this is heresy to the anti-MS crowd.

But there you go.

goldie.sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th July 2010, 04:36 AM   #42
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Have just migrated to firefox and am feeling it was worthwhile. I would recommend the switch.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 08:15 PM   #43
Social-Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romando View Post
The thirty day challenge recommends that we use Firefox as a browser.

I have always used Explorer. I am very comfortable with this browser and am hesitant to switch browsers, unless there is some real benefit in doing so. Can anyone provide a review on Firefox, and let me know if it's worth switching to?

Romando
Firefox IS a much more "compliant" browser than IE. IE has lots of quirks and non-standard interpretations of the HTML standards. Firefox will render pages as they were intended far more times than IE.

Additionally, the plugins available for Firefox are so numerous. Things like Firebug, SEOQuake, etc. make lives of developers, SEOs, etc. so much better. Those types of plugins are just not available in the same numbers for IE.

I use both. I use primarily IE... but when I need some "special" functionality I use Firefox + a plugin. If a site is not rendering properly in IE, I will also use Firefox.

Old 12th July 2010, 02:29 AM   #44
musicworld1

there are some good things to know.

musicworld1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 11:50 PM   #45
davidbkeegan

Default Firefox Extensions

All the extensions that developers make for Firefox make it worth switching to. Especially when you're trying to do SEO/other advanced web stuff.

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 06:02 AM   #46
goodscoolwf

no significant difference, I think

goodscoolwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 05:44 PM   #47
MEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampers View Post
Have just migrated to firefox and am feeling it was worthwhile. I would recommend the switch.
You bet !! I really think that firefox is great but like I said, the last beta I tried was not so good (at least, it was only a beta, so we'll see)... I'm always nostalgic when I get something new I guess...

MEMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 09:00 AM   #48
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Default PLEASE convert to firefox IF you have a moment..

FFirefox has such a POP

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 04:52 AM   #49
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchhyle View Post
Firefox is free, which is definitely a plus. It is an open-source web browser based on the Mozilla code foundation and will work for Windows, Linux and MacOS X operating systems. These are the technical specification, but what is more interesting to you as a user is that Firefox is very fast, secure, and is easy to use and navigate. The user interface is straightforward and uncomplicated

If you are trying to download some file, it will be automatically saved to your desktop. If you are using Google search engine for your search needs, you will appreciate the built in Google toolbar. Your Firefox toolbar will also include usual features like bookmarks, history, and text size and is customizable to include additional tools and features. If you would like to have an access to an email client you will need to download the Mozilla Thunderbird mail client software.

You don't have to be a computer professional to install this new browser. The installation and setup are very simple and straightforward and were designed to minimize the amount of work that needs to be done by the user. All your settings will be imported into Firefox.

I agree to these points. I even prefer Firefox over IE due to these reason. Firefox is really fast, secure, easy to use and navigate.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 07:51 AM   #50
Ryuren

IE9 is supposed to be really good for home use now, I have the IE9 Beta, have to say it reminds me alot of Chrome (which i use more regularly) Chrome is just great, hard to explain why exactly but it is!
but yeah firefox is simply better then Ie8, that's all there is to it.

Ryuren is offline   Reply With Quote