Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st July 2012, 04:10 PM   #11
Jim Collins

It's hard for many people to really focus on one post or point that a company is making.
A trend I noticed is the discussion on completely unrelated topics, just to get the followers attention.
Most people seem to come back to your page when they are still in the market for your product. If you don't present them with new topics and keep them interested they really rather move to the next thing.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:21 AM   #12
Allen Brayan

Facebook(if used wisely) can be a great source to generate leads for your business. You need to make your business page more interactive. Start contests, polls, update you status every now and then. People will eventually fall in love with it

Allen Brayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 02:20 AM   #13
mktgbiz

Yeah, I started a similar thread looking for those who've experienced new business from social media outlets, and not one person has claimed a new client.

There does seem to be a lot of group hugging going on however!

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 04:17 PM   #14
JunkDawgs

Facebook Ads, like anything, is helpful depending on your business model. If you are still in start up mode, it might not be the best option. Although Facebook poached Google's PPC Advertising Officer, they haven't been able to convert ads to sales like Google. For companies with limited budgets and still in start up mode, I would suggest holding off on the Facebook ads until you have built your advertising funds. You are more likely to convert ads to sales with Google PPC or a company like Yodle.

Facebook is good for Branding your company with Ads in the event you do have secure advertising funds and are looking to form impressions with your audience. They say it takes a minimum of six impressions to implore a brand upon your audience and Facebook is certainly good for that.

If you're still growing your biz, build an audience by getting a number of people to like your page and hold off on the Ads until you have proper funds.

JunkDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 05:33 AM   #15
Steven Edward

With millions of people using Facebook, it is such a huge place to advertise. I've been using Facebook for several years and have been quite successful with it. One thing that was worked well is as you say in item 1, share links. I do it in my Profile and on the Pages of my Websites, so I get attention from both fans and friends.

Steven Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 02:25 AM   #16
jmokhtar

This is what I'm seeing on my local Facebook community.

A user will create a fan page. This user will then post pictures, videos, or article (but mostly pictures) that are funny and trendy. Such as making fun of a local football player or artist. They keep repeating this until they have gathered a good fan base. Say around 10,000 - 100,000 like. This will probably take anywhere between 3-6 months or even years.

Then, they would offer their page to internet marketers to advertise their product on their main page for several hours or days. The charges varies between USD20 - USD100. I've been informed the ads are good enough to generate sales almost 10 times the cost of putting the ads on this fan pages. Of course results may vary, but I think its a very interesting outlook at how you could use Facebook to market your products in the future.

jmokhtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 01:38 PM   #17
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Agreed with you today Facebook is helping many business owners to get their business visible to many users and Facebook Ads are its live example.

Old 16th August 2012, 06:23 AM   #18
JunkDawgs

Time will tell with one of their new applications which is where you "Pay Per Impressions" which is somewhat ambiguous.

Old 20th August 2012, 03:17 PM   #19
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I have had success with FB but not lead generation, I have successfully built my fan page by using FB advertising and that went really well for very little money

I have integrated a shop onto my Fan Page to sell the merchandise I have, that has worked well but these conversions have not been from FB adverts, they have been driven by me from the page to the checkout page - FB advertising didn't generate the sale still - I did!

On another page I have engaged well with my audience and started some great conversations, however, not many "buyers", lots of people who want information or something for free like programming for their radio or software

I agree that most people on FB are not really "buyers" they like to click buttons, laugh at the silly images that float around all day and chat to their friends, possibly play some games and so on

I wouldn't ever discard FB in my campaigns but on the same token I don't expect great results in terms of sales either - what FB does is help spread your message and engage with others, from my Fan Page I can direct people to whatever page I like on my website, due to the trust my FB fan page members have with me and my page

It's not all bad, at least you can play FarmVille when you get bored! hahaha

Simone

Old 20th August 2012, 04:25 PM   #20
JunkDawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I have had success with FB but not lead generation, I have successfully built my fan page by using FB advertising and that went really well for very little money

I have integrated a shop onto my Fan Page to sell the merchandise I have, that has worked well but these conversions have not been from FB adverts, they have been driven by me from the page to the checkout page - FB advertising didn't generate the sale still - I did!

On another page I have engaged well with my audience and started some great conversations, however, not many "buyers", lots of people who want information or something for free like programming for their radio or software

I agree that most people on FB are not really "buyers" they like to click buttons, laugh at the silly images that float around all day and chat to their friends, possibly play some games and so on

I wouldn't ever discard FB in my campaigns but on the same token I don't expect great results in terms of sales either - what FB does is help spread your message and engage with others, from my Fan Page I can direct people to whatever page I like on my website, due to the trust my FB fan page members have with me and my page

It's not all bad, at least you can play FarmVille when you get bored! hahaha

Simone
Out of curiosity, when you launched your campaign to build an audience for your Fan page, did you choose the option where you pay per impression or did you the pay per click?