Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th May 2013, 07:48 AM   #1
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Default EZine Articles?

I asked a friend of mine this question as she's more well-versed in SEO then I am, but I wanted to run it by everyone here:

Since EZine Articles has changed it's ways in order to comply with Google updates (removing spammers, reviewing content in attempt to weed out low quality posts) is it worthwhile to submit articles to EZine?

FYI, my SEO friend seemed to think it was, but what does everyone else think?

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Jen 100

I'm still staying clear of generic article directories and instead am focusing attention on guest blog posts. If I'm spending the time to write a post it just makes more sense to try to get it posted where it will get the most targeted traffic and where I shouldn't have the potential to get hurt for relevancy.

Old 22nd May 2013, 09:51 AM   #3
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen 100 View Post
I'm still staying clear of generic article directories and instead am focusing attention on guest blog posts.
Guest blogging is definitely the hot SEO tactic nowadays, but it's so difficult to get started. I figured EZine might be worth it as they're now enforcing relatively strict editorial guidelines. But who knows what Google is actually thinking...

Old 22nd May 2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Jen 100

Quote:
But who knows what Google is actually thinking...
Exactly! It will be interesting to see what happens to those using Ezine following the next Penguin update, which is supposedly coming soon. For now, better safe than sorry.
Have you tried using MyBlogGuest? I've recently looked into this and I think it might be worth a try. It helps writers connect with bloggers looking for content so it should help with the guest blogging strategy.

Old 23rd May 2013, 07:46 AM   #5
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen 100 View Post
Have you tried using MyBlogGuest? I've recently looked into this and I think it might be worth a try.
I have. I got one guest blog post out of it, but I haven't had any takers since. I suppose I'll just keep trying, but after so much time invested I start to wonder if there isn't a better way to spend my time.

Old 23rd May 2013, 09:11 AM   #6
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Great question.
Submitting your articles on Ezine is not just a waste of time.Actually,not just Ezine.There are a myriad article directories out there I could recommend.
Note that it's not just Ezine who changed their rules to keep in line with the new algorithms Google introduced,and keeps updating.Most sites out there were affected badly.It was disastrous for business sites especially.
Moving on,submitting your articles to Ezine and other directories has several benefits.
First,articles submitted to these directories boost your credibility and your business' as well.Your work is more likely to be seen in the search engine results.Don't you just feel some personal satisfaction when you see this?
Next,by submitting articles,you're casting your net wider and traffic and customers who would otherwise have never known of your existence become aware.Great way to market yourself and your business since your target market is attracted to your website as well.Bottom line?Increased profits.
Third,who wouldn't like unending traffic to their website for years on end?This is what happens and comes from the article directories such as Ezine and users of your article too.
Fourth,this is free advertising at no cost at all.However,some of the directories do not accept overly promotional material but once you learn the tricks it's a great way to market your business (consider using for instance dofollow tags that lead to your site,or some bit of keyword density). Some also provide an option to leave a link to your site in the author box at the bottom.
You benefit from the degree of exposure you can gain in a relatively short period of time and rank high on the search engines.It all pays in the long run as much as you may feel like you are doing donkey work.
Submitting articles on directories is a two-way street-they benefit from your articles by increasing their ranking and they in turn benefit you by increasing your ranking.
I do it occasionally myself and some of the other sites you could try out include Hub Pages, Articles Base, Squidoo,Article Directory,there are hundreds!Tip:Always check their ranking first before submitting,and their terms too.

Old 24th May 2013, 03:42 AM   #7
mktgbiz

Ya know, I don't think I've ever ended up on ezinerticles after conducting a search..........

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 10:11 AM   #8
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Thanks for the response, BeBizsmart!

mktgbiz, you also bring a good point.

It seems to me like it's probably find to do (as in it's somewhat beneficial and won't tick off Google necessarily) but I don't think I'll spend too much time on it.

Old 24th May 2013, 07:10 PM   #9
jgbreeden

I recently ran across discussions in the Warrior Forum about the misconception about article publishing sites.

To summarize, it says that you don't publish for the value of having a link from the article site to yours. You publish because owners of niche web sites looking for content will get free content from the article site, and if they follow the rules and include your bio paragraph, then you get a link from the niche site. It's all about the syndication, and getting the links from the niche sites that are relevant to your topic. Those are worth many times more than the ezine link.

jgbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 08:12 AM   #10
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbreeden View Post
To summarize, it says that you don't publish for the value of having a link from the article site to yours. You publish because owners of niche web sites looking for content will get free content from the article site, and if they follow the rules and include your bio paragraph, then you get a link from the niche site. It's all about the syndication, and getting the links from the niche sites that are relevant to your topic. Those are worth many times more than the ezine link.
Agreed. I've already published a few articles on Ezine and am seeing people sharing the content. Luckily, those people are doing it right and sharing my content without removing the bio.