Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd September 2009, 12:46 PM   #1
doctorsnatural

Default Should I Try Bing?

Hi

We are going to employ an adwords manager for Google as we tried ourselves last year and failed so we realised we needed a professional to do this for us, my question is - should we also advertise on Bing?

I have read that it could be cheaper than its competitor Google?

Thanks

doctorsnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th September 2009, 08:22 AM   #2
JustinMarch

Try Google first get that right and move on from there would be my advice.

JustinMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 02:33 PM   #3
bgqw08

It probably is cheaper than Google, but you won't get nearly the amount of business from Bing. Spend the money on Google and if you have any left in your budget use it on Yahoo and Bing. That would be my advice.

bgqw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 03:17 AM   #4
doctorsnatural

OK, great

Thanks for the advice, we will do that, we have started looking at what keywords we need to be using for Google, so we will instruct our manager to do that

doctorsnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 11:16 PM   #5
debbystewart

You could try Bing if you have some extra money to spend. I'll be curious to know if PPC ads are cheaper with Bing.

debbystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 01:43 PM   #6
stephen186

Well.i would recommend you to use Bing...if you have some experience of google adwords.... It really depends on the niche and you need to try all options to check what is working for you..

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 01:30 AM   #7
Mary42

I personally prefer google for any information that i need. But one can always try bing to get information. But in terms of quality of information, i found google to be much better.

Mary42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 01:45 AM   #8
Hsekhar

Try both compare the results and stick to the one (or both) that gives you good profits. It's all in your ads and how convincing the content on your landing pages is.

Hsekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:28 AM   #9
janicejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycliq View Post
Our business directory and advertising website, CityCliq, only receives 3% of our search traffic from Bing, while 78% comes from Google. I would devote a small amount of your advertising resources to Bing and see how it goes. I just don't think many people are searching on Bing yet. It may change when Windows 7 comes out, but right now I just don't think it's worth it.
let's not be so pessimistic about Bing, every search engines counts in driving traffic to our site so I really think it is worth trying, but if it cost too much I'd rather stick with google itself.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 09:47 AM   #10
fishorfamine

Bing has gotten alot easier to use recently and with the new deal with Yahoo search marketing could see a significant increase in traffic. I have yet to see it however. Bing is also cheaper except in certain highly competitive markets. They are also not as strict as Google. Definitely worth trying.

fishorfamine is offline   Reply With Quote