Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th February 2014, 06:42 AM   #1
webinse

Default 3 Things That Can Ruin Your Ecommerce, And How To Avoid This

In this article I’d like to talk about things which could affect very negative on your online store. Main point of this article is to avoid bad customer experience in your shop. So what are these 3 things that bother your customers so much?

I have seen and have read a lot of articles about how to build and optimize your ecommerce, I even have wrote about that pretty much. But as we know it is always much easier to lose than to earn. As Jeff Bezos said once “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell six friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000.”

So I have decided to make a research about customers dissatisfaction with online shopping, and spent some time to analyze most frequent customers complaints.

Here is my top 3:
Read more

webinse is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th February 2014, 07:28 AM   #2
webinse

Default Sorry about mistake

avoid It

Last edited by webinse; 5th February 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 5th February 2014, 05:11 PM   #3
SC_Sean

Awesome article!

I think in Number Two, you might have intended to say "staff" instead of "stuff."

Still, this is spot on. You've definitely hit on some of the most important user experience points that must be considered when one is building an eCommerce operation.

As I've said before -- you might have the best-looking site around, or the coolest inventory in the world...but if your site is a nightmare to use and your inventory is tough to order, you can guarantee that your visitors won't come back.

Sean B.
Solid Commerce

SC_Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 06:00 AM   #4
Cindy16

Spot on for putting together a very comprehensive blog about online shopping. I would touch more about SPEED because for me that is by far the most important factor that will give confidence of every buyer to continue buying in a particular shop. Since customers are buying online, there needs to have an assurance that the transaction is legit and not a scam. And a way of giving assurance is to answer their queries in a timely manner, deliver goods as promised, and the like... If you can do this, then your sales will grow enormously day by day.

Old 7th February 2014, 02:09 AM   #5
webinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Sean View Post
Awesome article!

I think in Number Two, you might have intended to say "staff" instead of "stuff."

Solid Commerce
Thank you for pointing out my mistakes

Old 7th February 2014, 01:51 PM   #6
SC_Sean

Absolutely! And very nice connecting with you on LinkedIn -- looking forward to more of your articles!

Old 20th June 2014, 03:30 AM   #7
jeremypdecker

Very first, it’s vital that you realize that some content material management techniques (CMS’s) were created for general internet publishing reasons, while some were created especially for web commerce:

Wp (blogging)
Drupal (general-purpose)
Magento (e-commerce)
Therefore, some content material management systems might not be versatile enough to have an e-commerce website (that is actually, not versatile enough to let you the actual tweaks I am going to inform you about), or even they might carry out poorly during visitors highs.

Yet another thing to think about is the fact that it’s better to obtain a dedicated Internet protocol address for the accounts. According to GoDaddy, an ardent IP might “ensure faster reaction during periods an excellent source of traffic masse. ”

Prior to a browser may load a website, it needs to discover which Internet protocol address compares to the actual “pretty” website name people usually use to find it (for instance, Apple company. com). For the, the actual browser consults the DNS machine (that is actually, it works the DNS lookup). As if this particular:

jeremypdecker is offline   Reply With Quote