Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th May 2013, 06:32 AM   #1
CoachSteve

Default Quick Intro--New Business Formation Old Guy Here!

I am happy to see this forum and look forward to meeting you. This is not a 'life story' but file it under the 'interesting but not important' department if you wish! I don't think I've ever written what I'm about to write...lol

Spending the last 40+ years as an independent, matching businesses with their marketplace fits, for some reason I was mainly drawn to helping others in their advice marketing business. Yes, I've done work for micro to Fortune 100 businesses, but the one/two owner business (micro) is so much more fun to work with.

Strange I know...but just to give you a little backgrounder, I was one of four friends and friendly competitors in the 1970s that The Wall Street Journal called "America's Consultants to Consultants." Now, at 65, I'm the only one left!

They said that we (with good friends Herman Holtz, Hubert Bermont and Howard Shenson) were credited with launching the singleton markets their services sector (building and marketing a consulting practice). We just wanted to help people, not make a name for ourselves!

I founded the Consulting Opportunities Jouranl in Washington, DC on K street in the 1970s along with the Consultants National Resource Center (only a checking account now!).

In the 1990s, an attorney friend from Chicago and I co-founded the National Association of Business Coaches--I love business coaching more than consulting! And I sold the business to a Canadian group in 2002 (I'm still suffering the pangs of seller's remorse).

I'd like to find someone to partner with who has a heart for helping others market their experience and skills to clients. I don't know tech to save my life so that should be a hint.

So if you know an entrepreneurial type that would like to develop a niche association, I'd like to help them launch. It's a fun business to see people achieve success in marketing what they know!

OK, I'm stopping. A friend of mine just retired and gave me rights to his very popular area business journal, Quad State Business Journal, he had for over 20 years. A tech friend and I will be launching in a couple months or so. You can see it, warts and all online now! Ha!

I'll try to help as many as I can (you deserve it after suffering through the above!)...

Steve

CoachSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th May 2013, 07:05 AM   #2
mktgbiz

Awesome Steve!!! Welcome to the site!

I'm open!

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 08:01 AM   #3
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Welcome aboard, Steve!

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 03:08 PM   #4
CoachSteve

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatprecisionE View Post
Welcome aboard, Steve!

Thanks, Lorraine,
Your Precision Envelope identifer reminds me of my direct mail days!
Great to hear from you.
-Steve

Old 17th May 2013, 03:26 PM   #5
CoachSteve

Default Appreciate your interest, Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgbiz View Post
Awesome Steve!!! Welcome to the site!

I'm open!
Thanks, Scott,

Appreciate your response. I sent an e-mail to your yahoo address, but I do not want to go beyond the forum rules here.

Your pic bears a great resemblence to the head of my tech team...only with a fuller beard. It does give rise to your long-in-the-tooth look. Which is better than me, I just look old! Ha!

If you have my e-mail address, I'd like to discuss things with you offline--or rather off-forum.

In the advice marketing biz, as you know, leads are king. When I was in the consulting business, I did give a lot away, but paying several hundred bucks for a lead got to be a bargain for a closed gig.

My tech head friend on the Quad State Business Journal are looking at developing local directories with lead links, but it's mostly a B to C rather than B to B type client we are looking for there.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you what I have in mind--if you want.

Warm regards,
Steve