Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd December 2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Alyssa Gagen

Question Does Social Media Scare You?

What is it about social media marketing that seems to detour small business owners?

I have come across this issue many times and was hoping you all could help me find the answer. I feel that social media marketing is the BEST way for any business to increase their visibility, foster relationships and generate leads. What do you think?

All comments are appreciated

Alyssa Gagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th December 2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Joe Micheal

I don't think so, anybody needs to sacred Social Media Networks. I call it human/mankind network. Here, you can discuss your problems and get solutions, better way to be connected with your loveones, family members etc.
As well as, everyday a major retailer, banks, travel and hotel companies etc. helping and giving advice us on related matters. It's a best way to promote your brand/products. Developing and leveraging a corporate presence in the human network.

Old 6th December 2009, 12:11 PM   #3
janicejan

it is because social media sites can destroy business, there are a few people who use social media sites to make negative images of the business of their rivals.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 01:48 PM   #4
Alyssa Gagen

ahhh that is very interesting, janicejan. That is one point of view I haven't thought of. Thanks so much!

Alyssa Gagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 01:40 AM   #5
Lentrepot

I think what makes social media 'scary' is how it can be used for a number of things, including research about other people's lives. When used responsibly for business though, there are more benefits than you can imagine.

Lentrepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 01:17 AM   #6
victorvera

The scary part when it comes to social media is that anyone can pretend as a representative of particular company. This can really destroy your business. If you're planning to use social media make sure that you have enough people to monitor each post and comments made on your brand's profile page.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 04:42 AM   #7
dorothykinder

Hi Alyssa, even i think that social media is what which we can grow our business these days, its really helpful to get ones business ahead as when compared to competitors.....

dorothykinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:49 PM   #8
abbychar

Social media marketing only works well when there are potential customers who are using social media apps or websites.

For example, it might be great to get your holiday package company on some popular web 2.0 sites for discussion, but on the other hand imagine you are selling non-slip mats for bathrooms to over 60s - I don't see many of them using digg or twitter, do you?!

abbychar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 08:14 AM   #9
facebookapp110

Social Media Marketing is the most effective online marketing now a days. Almost every person is connected to social media whether the person is businessman or any entrepreneur.

facebookapp110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 12:05 PM   #10
dpdumas642

Social Media is extremely powerful tool for generating leads. Especially when you link back to your site. I think fear of the unknown or not seeing in their mind how it could benefit their business must be a couple of the reason small business owners don't get involved with social media.

dpdumas642 is offline   Reply With Quote