Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th October 2011, 08:18 PM   #1
theodoremier

Default New To SEO

Hi everyone,

I'm new to online website and don't know yet how SEO works. I just want to ask a free tutorials for beginners. I have to do it myself since I can't pay for a freelancer. I need to learn at least the basic and maybe later I can spend some money for my intermediate tutorials. Thanks.

theodoremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:21 PM   #2
numeric

Personally, I think you can go read about Print Persuasion and making backlinks for a website for starters. You can do it to your own website at first.

Old 11th October 2011, 06:16 AM   #3
M.Rebecca

Here’s Google’s starter guide for you:
http://static.googleusercontent.com/...rter-guide.pdf

Old 11th October 2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Amit Ranaat

Smile

Hello as an SEO Expert i will tell u that you can do SEO for your site but it will be more good if you give your website SEO work to someone. But as you are starter i will prefer you to build some proper dofollow backlinks to your website and also submit your website to some directory whose results you will start getting after few months.

Amit Ranaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 12:23 AM   #5
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Ranaat View Post
But as you are starter i will prefer you to build some proper dofollow backlinks to your website and also submit your website to some directory whose results you will start getting after few months.
And be patient - SEO is not an instant thing.

Have you tried building a blog with one of the free starter blospot or wordpress templates? They can be great to support your website, with lots of incoming links,

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 09:48 AM   #6
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

It seems to me that SEO will help you to earn some mney for your tutorials. So I suggest you have a proper attitude to SEO activity in general, and the best variant for this will managing SEO as a way of life. I mean that it's not a silly job or favorite past time, but real world with its faith and possibilities.

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 06:10 PM   #7
FixCourse

Default Free guides

Hi! You should try and check out the following free guides. SEOmoz Beginners Guide to SEO, Google's Starter Guide, KISSmeterics SEO guide, and this series of SEO articles.

Hope those are helpful!

FixCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 08:33 PM   #8
henricsmayores

Reading on Google's Webmasters forum is very useful too. But for basic SEO, you must start on analyzing the keywords you want to rank. You may find so many video tutorials on Youtube too.

henricsmayores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 08:28 AM   #9
gudrunsmith

Send a message via Skype™ to gudrunsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodoremier View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to online website and don't know yet how SEO works. I just want to ask a free tutorials for beginners. I have to do it myself since I can't pay for a freelancer. I need to learn at least the basic and maybe later I can spend some money for my intermediate tutorials. Thanks.
The best way and the cheapest is to learn it. SEO is simple, just qualified and always fresh content for your keyword. You can search it on Google, learn it, but stay away from all the e-books or service they try to sell you, or you will lose very fast a lot of money. Learn it ans start using it and don't wait until you know it first. It's always about taking action and learning what work and what not.

gudrunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 10:25 PM   #10
SmallBusinClick

The fact that you cannot pay money for SEO works for you, not against you. You need to know what you are paying for anyway when you have money. You need to learn SEO. There is no way out of it.

I see very good suggestions here. So get free guides first, take action and then just keep up with what you learn. That's a start.