Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th April 2009, 11:05 AM   #21
carstuff

Torka: Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Lori

carstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th April 2009, 05:52 AM   #22
benniegriffey

Well why don't you try twitter ans stumble upon these are quite useful sites for social bookmarking......

benniegriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 12:47 PM   #23
smartbookings

twitter is great, give it a go - nothing to lose

smartbookings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 01:19 PM   #24
F4F

I find that Facebook can be a great way to interact with your existing customers. Get folks who are interested in your product to Fan your product, then Use it to gauge customer reactions, solicit feedback and build a community around your product.

Unfortunately, the way Fan pages are implemented right now, its difficult to use Facebook as a promotional tool to find new customers. As BusinessBeware mentioned, most of the fans who join your product will be friends or friends of friends - people who may or may not be in your target market.

F4F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 11:12 AM   #25
tjensen13

I've been using the two sites in the same way. I already have a hard time as it is weeding through all the noise on Twitter, than I wouldn't be able to keep up with it on Facebook, which is more personable. So I just keep my Facebook friends limited to people I have met in real life; it just makes it more manageable.

tjensen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 08:18 PM   #26
kineticswebpro

Default Twitter is EFFECTIVE for your marketing your business

Twitter is a highly effective method for marketing your business online, in that it allows you to have instant contact with a highly targeted niche. Most businesses make the mistake of sending out Sales Tweets -- "See the coolest thing I'm selling you now" -- but that's not really an effective strategy.

It's much better to use the 80/20 rule -- 80% of your tweets about interesting and fun facts, odd news items, questions of the day ("What's for lunch today?"), etc. Get involved in conversations and get to know people. It's not overnight, but it definitely works.

Plus, it's kinda fun. :-) You really end up following some very interesting people.

kineticswebpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 02:39 AM   #27
Anelly

I'm not such a Twitter fan, but I'm a Stunble Upon addicted. And it's great both for your entertainment and for your business. Also if you provide quality information, Reddit can generate some nice traffic.

Anelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 08:20 AM   #28
FireFold-Jennie

an easy way to draw people to your facebook page is hold a contest on Twitter and have then answer on Facebook or vice versa. I found this to be very helpful in building a fan base on both sites.

FireFold-Jennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 03:41 PM   #29
glbrtsoms

There are others social media that can help promote your business online..twitter can help generate traffic in your site. facebook also a big help i promoting your business..

glbrtsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:05 PM   #30
kc19990

the BEST thing is about Twitter is the 3rd party apps...if you are going to use it for serious networking, you will need to google "twitter apps" or something similar and spend 30 min - 1 hour learning and getting a few of these. otherwise, you will have a very difficult time managing your acct eventually.

kc19990 is offline   Reply With Quote