Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Viral Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th March 2008, 11:32 AM   #11
babyjoy214

Hi!
There are 6 ways to advertise your website
1. Make your site search engine friendly.
2. Write articles on the theme of your web site and submit them to article directories.
3. Promote your web site by using PPC adverts such as Google Adwords and Yahoo S.M.
4. Put your URL on everything. (Use it on your signature on your email on forum posts, etc.,)
5. Advertise offline in your local area.
6. Blogging and RSS feeds.

Goodluck!

babyjoy214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th March 2008, 03:04 PM   #12
Craig Dewe

It seems to be doing alright with a PR5 already.

My advice goes along with the game idea. Do something different. Do something that attracts attention. I like the style of your website (apart from a lot of confusing info on the front page) with the funny pictures for your team etc. Build on the creativity by doing some good marketing stunts.

Competitions, link bait, and networking are probably the best way forward at the moment. Although some SEO wouldn't hurt, your websites title tag of 'flights' isn't very targeted. How about 'cheap flights' or 'cheap flight search engine' etc

Craig Dewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 10:53 PM   #13
Shane McManus

I would say, just get involved with your site and mailing list.
Share what is going on in your companies world...

Shane McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 10:32 AM   #14
electronics

Send a message via MSN to electronics

you'd better try every method you referred ,you can't decide which one is much better ,but ,please notice that you should have an emphasis every time instead of do blindly

best regards

electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 05:02 PM   #15
jcwilde1

It looks like a pretty good site. Unfortunately, and I am sure you know this, but your competitors advertise on TV all the time. The good thing is your competitors like orbitz, hotwire, priceline are also your affiliates evidently.

I would do a huge Facebook campaign and target people who have jobs that probably travel a lot. Get those people aware of your site and hopefully it will grow from there.

jcwilde1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 04:55 PM   #16
Michael_Best180

Cool Know who you want to be your client...

Who do you want to get your information too? I know you want everyone to go to your site and use your services. I have always been told if you want to learn from those that have done it, talk to you elders. If you want to learn about something new, ask a 16 year old and to be honest sometimes they are right."sometimes"-if you want to reach out to people, I can help. I would love to assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvelling View Post
Hi

We've recently started a site called Momondo.com. It's a search tool that helps you find cheap flight tickets on the net.

In short, we take the costumer request and send it to more than 180 different internet sites, including all low cost carriers in Europe and many online travel agencies, thus able to create an overview of the cheapest flights.

How do you guys suggest we spread the word via the internet? Should we use blogs, mailing lists or how do you suppose we make it grow?

-Rasmus / momondo

Michael_Best180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 04:59 PM   #17
Michael_Best180

Talking Always get your name out...

If you have heard of Jeffery Gitomer, you know what I am talking about. He owns websites of the misspelling of his name. The guy puts his name on everything. If you have never heard of him im sorry, he is huge in the sales industry. Im being serious when I say this...he has helped to make me the salesman I am today...plus his books are great reads and they will make you better at producing results, who doesnt like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjoy214 View Post
Hi!
There are 6 ways to advertise your website
1. Make your site search engine friendly.
2. Write articles on the theme of your web site and submit them to article directories.
3. Promote your web site by using PPC adverts such as Google Adwords and Yahoo S.M.
4. Put your URL on everything. (Use it on your signature on your email on forum posts, etc.,)
5. Advertise offline in your local area.
6. Blogging and RSS feeds.

Goodluck!

Michael_Best180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 01:59 PM   #18
RetireAt26

Lightbulb There are some free methods out there too....

but they take more effort than the paid ones.

a free viral traffic site, mine is below.
a list blaster is good too.
and of course forums are good too.

keep it up and you'll find the success you're looking for!

RetireAt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 10:10 AM   #19
cpeter05

Wow that is an excellent idea. I know so many people that like the "game" advertisements. I think anything entertaining or funny always gets peoples attention.

cpeter05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 04:09 PM   #20
youbetcha1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeter05 View Post
Wow that is an excellent idea. I know so many people that like the "game" advertisements. I think anything entertaining or funny always gets peoples attention.
Exactly. Anything that will catch the attention of the people will definitely bring in good results.

youbetcha1018 is offline   Reply With Quote