Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th October 2009, 09:48 AM   #1
pawelhc

Default Need Ideas For Marketing New Garage Flooring Business

Hi guys,
I've read some of the posts on this forum and I think they're great. I am starting a new garage flooring business and I am looking for some ideas how I can get some leads coming in. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

pawelhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th October 2009, 02:59 PM   #2
lunartcorp

Hi,
- You can create Blog about the industry and establish yourself as an expert.
- Comment in other related blogs.
- Submit your blog to Directories.
- Start working on SEO, so you can get free visitors.
- Create targeted Google Adwords Campains.
Regards,
Jose

Old 16th October 2009, 06:02 PM   #3
radiogirl
VIP Contributor

Send a message via MSN to radiogirl Send a message via Yahoo to radiogirl Send a message via Skype™ to radiogirl

Make friends with some realtors...they will help you identify ppl who are making improvements to sell or after they buy.

Create campaigns around areas where you do get jobs (ie postcard or doorhangers targeted around existing job sites)

Signage/Flyers if allowed/possible around do it yourself centres.

Home Show displays (and other local trade shows)

Partner with a good cause for publicity coverage...

Old 18th October 2009, 10:12 AM   #4
pawelhc

Thanks for your responses guys, I appreciated. My partner and I were thinking of a way we could maybe cross-promote with the local car dealers but we are not sure how we can make it work so that it's beneficial to the dealerships. I would welcome any ideas.
Thanks again.

Old 18th October 2009, 10:25 PM   #5
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

What kind of flooring/work are we talking about here, I think with that info I could give you some ideas.

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 05:46 PM   #6
pawelhc

It's a floor to use in your car garage(can also be used for commercial use like warehouses etc...). If you can give me any ideas I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance

Old 22nd October 2009, 12:57 AM   #7
east2west
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelhc View Post
It's a floor to use in your car garage(can also be used for commercial use like warehouses etc...). If you can give me any ideas I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance

Im no stranger to construction as I am actually a Licenced property adjuster. I'm still unclear about the flor, are we talking concrete or is there something special about this floor? This is what Im looking for, then you would know the right people to approach.

Old 22nd October 2009, 05:51 PM   #8
Slippery Slope

Quote:
I am starting a new garage flooring business and I am looking for some ideas how I can get some leads coming in.
Hopefully you have a website up and are SEO'd for the areas you want to get leads from. That's the least expensive way. Naturally PPC is going to cost you a bit if you decide to go that route (and you should).

Also don't forget about going offline too. I know a guy who has a residential window cleaning business and he sends out a million postcards every year.

You should have some idea of who your typical customer is (right?) so it shouldn't be too hard to target those demographics. You'll have to send them postcards more than once.

I'd even try a couple runs of VDP postcards if your supplier can give you some great before/after photos to work with.

Hopefully you have a decent size budget for advertising 'cause you're going to need it.

One of these days I'd like to get my 3-car garage done. I know a lot of people don't even know what you're talking about and it's strange... come to think of it... that I've never seen an ad for this type of service in my area. I've seen do-it-yourself kits advertised in car magazines, but I just wouldn't want to do it myself.

Slippery Slope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 08:37 PM   #9
east2west
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post

You should have some idea of who your typical customer is (right?) so it shouldn't be too hard to target those demographics. You'll have to send them postcards more than once.

This is really the question and what I was getting at before. However ....IMO... these are the people you meet with and pitch to.

Old 18th November 2009, 02:42 AM   #10
youbetcha1018

Quote:
Hi guys,
I've read some of the posts on this forum and I think they're great. I am starting a new garage flooring business and I am looking for some ideas how I can get some leads coming in. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
I am into hardwood flooring industry (Arizona hardwood flooring) and I also started by asking help to friends and professionals about handling the pressure in marketing my products over the net. Here's what I can suggest, you need to do an Environmental Scan, which consists of:

1. Situational analysis
1. Environmental factors
2. Market opportunity analysis (demand, supply, and SWOT).
2. Select target market(s)
3. Set objectives
4. Select marketing mix: the 4 Ps.
5. Action plan (tactics)
6. Budget
7. Evaluation plan

Customers in the 21st century are more informed, have wider choices of sources of supply, and they are empowered by the Internet.

Internet usage is growing, no doubt about it, and a company must engage with it to use it as a marketing tool to propagate the products. However, there are different market segments with different sets of needs, priorities, infrastructures, and cultural values. These have large consequences on the method of selling the product. We do segmentation of the market, and adjust the method according to the level of the demographic groups.

Note: Many countries do not have credit card processing infrastructure, and the citizens do not carry credit cards. Therefore to purchase and pay by credit card is no go.

In many Asian countries, to read about a product in the magazine, newspaper advertising or even a coloured catalogue has no effect on them. They want to see, feel and touch the product, some even want to try the product. Demonstrations of the product is important, and pre-after-sales backup is vital to the sales. Service the product in their location, they will not believe it until they see it.

youbetcha1018 is offline   Reply With Quote