I'm starting to get into selling my goods wholesale. I'm trying to figure out how to tier my pricing. Here are the relevant facts as I understand them.
- I sell my goods retail at 4X cost
- After comparing my goods to others offered wholesale, a fair floor (maximum discount), is about 2X cost
My questions are around the following:
- at what levels do I create tiers between retail and wholesale (maximum discount)
1-10 units [email protected]
10-100 units [email protected]
100+ units [email protected]
I am clueless at what the tier numbers are (how should I base the range of units per tier) and what the tier discount is (how much should I sell at these range of units)
My goals are the following:
- maximize my profit per transacation
- create incentives for the wholesale buyer to purchase more
If you have experience on this or know any rules of thumb to follow, your input is much appreciated.