Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Newsletters and Email Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st March 2008, 07:49 PM   #1
igiveup

Default New To Email Marketing And Need Advise

I am new to email marketing and need a some advise. What is the easiest and most affordable way to send a sales email introducing my company and products? I want something that will let me insert my logo and a link to my website. I use Outlook 2003. Is it possible to do this with outlook or do I need to use other software?

igiveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:34 PM   #2
DaveDee

Default Email marketing secrets

If you want your email to get read and get a response, don't send a sales message with your logo. (That will require that you send an html email and you want to send plain text.)

Send a personal type of email introducing yourself and offer your prospect/customer something of value like a free report.

By emailing consistently and providing good content, you will build a relationship with your list and then be able to offer your products and services.

Hope that helps.

~Dave Dee

DaveDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 03:52 AM   #3
alexbwurth

It doesn't get much easier or affordable than sending a simple e-mail.
However I would question the effectiveness of mass e-mailing people you
don't know and have never heard of you. E-mail readability rates are WAY
down, especially if you haven't organically built a list. It's getting harder and
harder for marketers to get there messages read, I'd suggest you look at
other ways to first establish contact before the e-mails.

Unfortunately it takes more than just good and interesting content to get
people's attention via e-mail alone. I would also be careful about sending
multiple e-mails to people who don't know you if they have not opted in to
receive them.

alexbwurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 02:52 PM   #4
wally

Default ...

If you're going to start doing this on a regular basis, you might want to look into something like Constant Contact. It's more of a newsletter program, but it's very easy to navigate and you can keep track of your stats -- who's reading, who's not, who's forwarding, etc.

It's not too expensive and makes the process much easier.

wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 05:12 PM   #5
SmallMerchant

Send a message via AIM to SmallMerchant

We used vertical response for a long time, they are cheap, and it's easy to create html emails...

However, if this is introductory I would recommend adding some value to the message. One thing that is hard for business owners to understand is that most people don't CARE about your business, so you have to appeal to the person in another way. If it's a service you're introducing, I find the most attractive offers are that of a webinar... for example: "Attend our webinar and learn the 10 secrets to email marketing".

best of luck, Nick

Old 8th June 2008, 04:23 PM   #6
mikewilsonkid

I would use one of the big opt-in email marketing companies like Viralytics Media or Carlson Interactive to handle your campaigns. I would not suggest trying to find B2B lists yourself as you may get scammed. At least with the big marketing companies, you know you're getting what you pay for and you are probably getting your campaign for cheaper (since they get their lists at cost) than if you went out and tried to negotiate with list owners yourself. They've also run thousands of opt-in email campaigns and know how to get the best bang for your buck.

mikewilsonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 10:58 PM   #7
rvnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by igiveup View Post
I am new to email marketing and need a some advise. What is the easiest and most affordable way to send a sales email introducing my company and products? I want something that will let me insert my logo and a link to my website. I use Outlook 2003. Is it possible to do this with outlook or do I need to use other software?

You can send emails by two ways:

1. By installing your own email sending script > you have to keep a subscription form on your site > your visitor subscribes > confirms subscription > receive emails from you.

2. By joining email sending services like getresponse.com > they will allow you keep a subscription form on your site like above.

In both cases, verified opt-in method is adviced.

If you buy lists, it is little risky because you don't know the source of lists, whether they single opt-in or double opt-in etc.

Good luck!

Radhika

Old 29th August 2008, 08:34 PM   #8
Boomer

You can send HTML emails through Outlook, however there is a limit on the number of records you can send to. If you want something more professional, than a service like ours is right up your alley.
I'm not here to do a sales pitch, but to actually participate in the forums. Let me just say: it's simple to use, affordable for small businesses, and has some powerful features.
One caveat: We, like CC, VR, etc., require opt-in or implied relationships with the people on your mailing list. For this, the risk factor, and many other reasons, I suggest not purchasing lists.

Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:18 PM   #9
RockSolid

Send a message via Skype™ to RockSolid
Default My Bulk Email Secret

Howdy! igiveup- DONT give up! It really is easier than you think. I use bulk email marketing to promote my business regularly. I purchased a email list of 5 mil us businesses. I then use a bulk email company called Expedite simplicity to send them out in bulk (they dont mind spam, this is the business they are in. Soome agree with this business some dont who cares what anyonoe thinks either way if you are going to do it do it right). Next they allow you to track the responses. They are very afforodable. Once you track the openers and those who click on the email you then download them and then sign up for a company that (I use) called zebtra tracks. You upload the openers and clickers and send them a 2nd email. Then you continue to send your 1st email through expedite simplicity (who supplies the domain and ip address) so you are not in trouble at all. Then just keep adding the opens and clicks to the zebra tracks and send a news letter and then send to them 2nd time 3rd time etc. repeating the process over and over. the results are less than short of amaizing. I do this myself I dont sell email services. we do telemarketing. this is just what I do to actually generate my leads for those interested in telemarketing services. My secret now you can use it! Hope it works. Oh also, DONT buy an email list when there is NO contact details and there is ONLY a email list. Hope my secret helps!

RockSolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:43 PM   #10
SBMarketingGuy

You should build your list organically by providing a video, report, or something else of value that you give away in exchange for an e-mail address.

Then once people buy from your list, you want to move them to separate e-mail list. This "buyers" list is MUCH more valuable than the "freebie-seeker" list you have, and this is the list you really want to grow.

SBMarketingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote