Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th April 2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Innergetic

Default Guerrilla Marketing

I was brainstorming with my partner and was wondering if anyone had any stories or tips to any guerrilla marketing strategies. I know someone out there has had great success with this.

Last edited by Innergetic; 20th April 2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: needs to be in offline area plz.
Innergetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd June 2010, 03:51 PM   #2
LesleyHuntley

You could go straight to the source: http://www.gmarketing.com/

Jay Levinson gives away loads of information for free: http://www.gmarketing.com/articles/

LesleyHuntley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 01:20 AM   #3
bakermargar

Send a message via MSN to bakermargar

It would be effective, but I would not say the most effective. I've found that guerrilla marketing works best for products aimed at a certain demographic (mostly younger). Where as espresso drinkers are classified generally not by age or race, but by a personal preference.

bakermargar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 10:40 AM   #4
DanWilliams

What kind of info. are you looking for ? What's working for other businesses ?
If so, you might be interested in the glazer-kennedy insiders circle or whatever its called. It's a membership that exchanges successful marketing ideas monthly. If you don't mind the constant barrage of crap they try to sell you in addition to the good stuff

Here's my most successful...testimonials...lot's of testimonials...many with pictures...use them any way you like and they'll always get great results.

DanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 05:34 PM   #5
jrobconsult

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWilliams View Post
What kind of info. are you looking for ? What's working for other businesses ?
If so, you might be interested in the glazer-kennedy insiders circle or whatever its called. It's a membership that exchanges successful marketing ideas monthly. If you don't mind the constant barrage of crap they try to sell you in addition to the good stuff

Here's my most successful...testimonials...lot's of testimonials...many with pictures...use them any way you like and they'll always get great results.
I agree completely about the Glazer-Kennedy comment. They have excellent suggestions along with a lot of advertising. The marketing material sent monthly is great.

jrobconsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 04:35 PM   #6
ORCIUS

I agree on the testimonials, because they provide good confidence on your business, and people love that, knowing they are with trustfull company, and they will want to send their money on your products. Also guerrilla marketing is for new products, that doesn't have a market yet or for supporting bigger ad campaigns, because they are risky or totally new strategies that hasn't been tested before.

ORCIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:30 PM   #7
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Default Testimonials and more Testimonials...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWilliams View Post
Totally agree. Feature you best testimonials in your ads.

Not sure what I would do with a Gorilla, even if it were for marketing purposes...

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 01:21 AM   #8
davidbkeegan

guerilla marketing always seems a bit... cheap? Maybe that is not the word, but from personal experience, it only works for a younger demographic.

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 06:13 AM   #9
DanWilliams

Quote:
guerilla marketing always seems a bit... cheap?
I thought so at first and sometimes "still" think that it's kind of "car salesmany" kind of stuff. Problem is...it just keeps working for me. And not to just a younger crowd, I have great success with all ages. As soon as it quits working, I'll quit using it

DanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 07:47 AM   #10
rockroad005

Nice discussions here, i never heard gorilla marketing before, after reading this it gives me an idea. I will search more about this and get back as soon as i have more results. Thanks.

rockroad005 is offline   Reply With Quote