Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th February 2009, 11:01 AM   #1
micoph

Default Video Optimization Tips

Internet users are fund of watching videos whether it's for educational or entertainment purposes. More and more gadgets are now being invented with the capability of playing videos. SEOs and Webmaster should grab this opportunity to outdo their competitors.

In SEO, video submissions are now being introduce. I personally think that it is the most influential and maybe the most powerful type of marketing/advertising strategy that can help a business to introduce/expose its products and services to the world. Videos are now listed in SERPs and it adds valuable links and alternetive sources to a website.

Video Optimization Tips:
  • Video Content - Your videos should be informative and relevant as always.
  • Baiting - Make your titles/filenames catchy.
  • Video Length - As much as possible don't make your video clips too long. You can also divide your video clips it into smaller parts if its quite long.
  • Meta Data - Use relevant and appropriate keywords and put a short yet informative description in your meta data.
  • Syndication - Submit your video to RSS
  • Putting attractive thumbnails - This will be the one of the deciding factors if someone will going to watch your videos or not.
  • Be Friendly - Allow users to comment and rate your video clips. This will help you to improve your videos if someone can give you good suggestions.
  • Watermarks - We are in the Internet world; where everyhting's can be copied so I strongly suggest to put watermarks in your videos to indicates your ownership and its origin.
  • Opening and Closing Remarks - You can display an image at the beginning at ending part of your videos to enhance your brand or site awareness. It can also trigger your watchers to go directly to your web site.
  • Link Back - Youtube offers its members to "link back" their videos to their respective websites if they uploaded or added a video, so you better grab that opportunity.

Always remember that "Exposure is King".

By the way, here's a list of websites that offer video services. Hope it helps.
Code:
http://web2.econsultant.com/videos-hosting-sharing-searching-services.html

micoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:31 AM   #2
SashaMike

Great thank you for sharing. Found a similar post on some other forum as well and I replied as well

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Peter Chan

Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Chan

We did this in the past a couple of times with very good results, but i've never found a link back option. Where exactly can you include the link back to your website? Thanks

Peter Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 02:45 AM   #4
rosesmith

Thanks for the tips, these are really very useful for every person and for me also.

rosesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 12:24 PM   #5
micoph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMike View Post
Great thank you for sharing. Found a similar post on some other forum as well and I replied as well
Oh thanks for that. I want to share this information to help others to promote their site. Recently, search engines are trying to implement or includes videos in SERPs so I personally think that it will be a big help and a great strategy for businesses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Chan View Post
We did this in the past a couple of times with very good results, but i've never found a link back option. Where exactly can you include the link back to your website? Thanks
This might help you regarding your concerns.
http://www.google.com/support/youtub...n&answer=94526
http://www.google.com/support/youtub...&answer=105753
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesmith View Post
Thanks for the tips, these are really very useful for every person and for me also.
It's my pleasure.

micoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 11:32 AM   #6
thomas09

Hey,

It's an informative post about video optimization. I have learn little bit more from your post.

Thanks

thomas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 11:32 PM   #7
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Videos are giving tough competition to web search and from this perspective, I can say that your article is awesome as well as useful.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 01:59 AM   #8
flimsy

Hey,

Great tips on video optimization. What is the next step to promote well optimized videos? I mean, how do you promote your videos?

flimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 05:53 AM   #9
veronica

That's true, appropriate usage of keywords in the link text gives your video a lot of benefit.

veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 08:39 AM   #10
queenie

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and informative article. It has given me a lot of inspiration and I look forward to more like this in the future.

queenie is offline   Reply With Quote